PDA

View Full Version : Late collection fee?

little miss sunshine
31-08-2009, 05:08 PM
I have a gut feeling that a new mindee will be collected late on the contracted days as both parents travel on the motorways. I want to get in place a policy stating that there will be a late collection fee but don't know how much to put. I don't want to put a little amount as I know they will probably just pay it and then it becomes a habit and my family will suffer. Any ideas ladies and maybe what you would write in the policy?? I am not a walk over now and don't intend to be in the future!!

nikim
31-08-2009, 05:48 PM
i charge £5 per 15mins that they are late, and i have it stated in my policy and contract , that unless it is without prior arrangment (7 days notice) then they will be charged , make sure you always charge them even if it is unavoidable (accident on the motorway etc) because it will just give them reason to let it happen again ,even if they are an hour late its still only £20 but it will soon add up if they do it everyday , i have a parent who travells on the motorway daily and picks up at 5.30 they have only been late 10 mins at the most if they do it regularlly then there is no excuse they will know how long it takes so can plan accordingly good luck