PDA

View Full Version : Fee's up front or not.

MarpleJollytots
31-08-2009, 03:52 PM
We Have our Ofstead visit tomorrow:panic: , after many months its finally here, and hopefully with a little good news we will be registered:clapping: .
Anyway to complete all our paperwork for the visit we have just compiled a short list of what our fees will be.

While doing this it raised a few question's. do we charge weekly or monthly? Should we charge up front for our care, i.e charge a week/month in advance. What do you all think. We've read so many stories about child minders being behind with their money and not being paid on time:mad: .

Thanks for your help.
Mike & Tracie

miffy
31-08-2009, 04:49 PM
I charge monthly in advance - cash, cheque or by vouchers - if it's the last two then it must be cleared funds by the first of the month.

Good luck with your pre-reg visit

Miffy xx

LittleAcorns
31-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Always charge upfront here, I give them the option of weekly or monthy, an accept vouchers/cheques, but must be cleared funds! hth..and GOOD LUCK X

Pipsqueak
31-08-2009, 05:02 PM
You will find most minders (once bitten twice shy) will take a minimum deposit of a weeks fees to be offset against the final invoice and then the parent pays in advance. helps nip any non-payment issues quickly.

As to whether weekly or monthly that is for you to work out with the parent.

MarpleJollytots
31-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks for your input on this, that is what we were thinking, but its nice to know others do the same.
Now all we need to decide if our registration is successful is do we charge weekly or monthly? what do you find best?

LittleAcorns
01-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Thanks for your input on this, that is what we were thinking, but its nice to know others do the same.
Now all we need to decide if our registration is successful is do we charge weekly or monthly? what do you find best?

I honestly prefer both, I have 3 pay me monthly, and a couple play weekly....the weekly ones do tend to get flitted away because you know it will be back round soon, but you'll be suprised how quickly you need new resources, new toys, arty bits, £ for day trips, playgroups...FOOOOD!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: x

Ripeberry
01-09-2009, 01:46 PM
I bill each calender month up-front and mention at the bottom that any extra hours or reduction in hours (my illness or unable to work) will be added or taken away from the next month's bill.
Also the funds have to be cleared at the begining of the month, so I send the bill out 7 days before the end of each month.

louloudi
01-09-2009, 03:04 PM
I must be soft!!

for full time/ regular care I charge per calander month allowing 10days.... guess what? I never get it on the 1st. For my one off children monies are due on the friday of that week

rickysmiths
01-09-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm intrigued. Why are you sorting out your fees ready for your Ofsted visit? It is none of their business what you charge, how you charge it or how you conduct any of your financial affairs.

Oh of course you need to pay your Registration Fee on time each year!

All they are allowed to ask and see is proof that you have registered with the Inland Revenue as this is a legal requirement, you don't have to do this until you start working.

MarpleJollytots
01-09-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm intrigued. Why are you sorting out your fees ready for your Ofsted visit? It is none of their business what you charge, how you charge it or how you conduct any of your financial affairs.

Oh of course you need to pay your Registration Fee on time each year!

All they are allowed to ask and see is proof that you have registered with the Inland Revenue as this is a legal requirement, you don't have to do this until you start working.

We decided to do it in case we were asked, as it is part of our welcome pack which we have compiled. Ofstead called today for our pre registration visit and it went really well, she did ask to see our welcome pack, but never made comment on prices and charges. We felt it was better to be prepared for anything she wanted to see.