PDA

View Full Version : Garden plants....suggesstions!

Alz
31-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Hi everyone,

Wasn't quite sure where to post this so please feel free to move it to a more suitable location, if you need to!!

I'm awaiting my certificate through the post (this week fingers crossed!) and I have got my house and garden ready to start minding etc.

I have more or less taken everything out of my garden as all my plants seemed to be on the toxic list (I had loads of ivy!) save a few plants; honeysuckle, penstemon, sage, dwarf clematis and a random shrub/bush thing!

Anyway, I was hoping to be able to keep the few plants I have left and don't think they are on the highly poisonious list (!?!??!). I do wan't to put in the beds some more child friendly plants. I was going to get some herbs and maybe some lavender if that is non toxic?? Any one have any other suggestions or what you have in your own gardens??

Blackhorse
31-08-2009, 12:44 PM
I have all kinds of herbs and salad.
you can even get winter varieties of salad ..to plant now
Lavender is ok as far as I know..but I have a rhododendron at the back and wont get rid of it. CC was ok with this as they said children need to learn to not eat plants.
as for childfriendly plants I have: nasturtiums (they are edible and mine never had any pests before)
chives, parsley, thyme, peas, carrotts, lettuces, radishes, camomile, ...the list is endless, sunflowers...strawberries, an apple trea, raspberries...

all poisonous plans (apar for the rhododendron ) have been relocated into the front garden...wherer kids dont go