PDA

View Full Version : Help ... quick advice needed ...

Lainey Lou
31-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Hiya, I've made a right **** up where bank hols go and want to ask some advice. To try to cut a long story short.

Mindee - look after her Mon to Fri - 12.30 to 3.30pm - charge £12 a day
On Contract - I've made a complete boo boo, ticked that I charge BH and put the fee as £12 per day der ... think I thought that mindees parents wouldn't be working and mindees mum is a mate so think I was abit blase about the whole contract.
Haven't put anything on the contract about charge for non-contracted hours, just left it blank - another big DER ...

Anyway thought I would get the day off today only both parents are working so I have had mindee from 8am this morning (which is out of contracted hours) and now mum has just called to ask whether I could have mindee until 1pm (was originally 11am), she has already paid me £12 for the day. I know MUG springs to mind and my hubby has just been taking the mickey saying I wouldn't stand a chance on dragons den - business woman of the year etc. Anyway my question is can I, should I charge extra, bearing in mind that I have made a complete mess of the contract? Mum is really apologetic and I get on really well with her, but can't help feeling my good nature is getting taken for a ride. Sorry for long post! :panic:

Goatgirl
31-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi Lainey lou,
I think as its in the contract that she only need pay £12 that you must honour it for today, however, I would say today at pick up that you've realised your mistake in the contract, so you'll need to go through ti with her and change the bank hol charge , get her to sign the change etc. If she's a good friend she may offer you the extra....
Hope this helps :-)

bws,
Wendy :)

sarah707
31-08-2009, 11:22 AM
I agree!

If it's on the contract then you cannot legally charge extra... except for if you have worked overtime and that is stated on your contract as well.

I think you need to sit down with parents for an urgent contract review.

Hth :D