PDA

View Full Version : Bank Holiday Dilemma

Lainey Lou
30-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Hi guys, I just want to ask about fees for bank holidays. On my contract (NCMA one) I ticked the box to say rates include bank holidays, which I understand means that even if I don't have any mindees ie. parents are off work, the parents still get charged? BUT does that mean that if a parent wants me to have their child, I have to still be open and I can't turn them down because I charge for bank holidays?

With future parents should I say that I take bank hols off as a rule but still charge. If I am needed I will be open but will charge extra and put it all on the contract what I will charge etc? So then its all there is black and white.

PixiePetal
30-08-2009, 12:27 PM
If you charge you need to be available.

On my new contracts I say I don't charge as not available - in 15 years no one has ever needed me. But I will work for double fee by prior arrangement (if I want to do it of course) seperate from normal contracted hours.

Lainey Lou
30-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Okay thanks Jen. Think I will change my contracts in future as have to work tomorrow - only a few hours tho so not too bothered! :) x

rickysmiths
30-08-2009, 04:14 PM
I charge for Bank Holidays. Normal fee if it falls on a contraced day and they don't use me. Double fee if they use me except on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when it would be triple fee.

In 15yrs I have only er been asked to work once.

angeldelight
30-08-2009, 05:14 PM
I do not charge for them because I do not work them

Angel xx

Hebs
30-08-2009, 05:16 PM
I do not charge for them because I do not work them

Angel xx

i'm going to start this :D

Tasha M
30-08-2009, 10:28 PM
At the moment I do charge for them but say I am unavailable to work...so far this has been fine, with the exception of one set of parents, all others have happily paid it. x