PDA

View Full Version : DHC & NVQ L3 CCLD

Rasharoon
29-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Just wondering but can you do the DHC and NVQ L3 CCLD at the same time and would you?

Both would be home-based so no college although I have a year to do the NVQ. I have just completed unit 3 of the DHC and was going to stop in order to start the NVQ but my tutor - via NEC - said the DHC is underpinning knowledge that would help with the NVQ and could be used as evidence. ( would still have units 2, 4 & 5 to do).

Would I be giving myself too much work as can't say that I've done too well with unit 3 (grade C :( ) - I'm not too good with studying!!

Thanks.

sarah707
29-08-2009, 08:27 PM
I don't think you need them both tbh.

DHC might just be for home based care... but it's still a level 3.

NVQ is about to be changed so I'd take advice before starting it now anyway.

I think you need some independent advice... I can't think why you're being told you need 2 level 3s :huh:

Hth :D

l122ie
29-08-2009, 09:47 PM
I did the DHC and the NVQ side by side. I used alot of the work from my DHC and cross referenced it to my NVQ. It was a lot of work and if i'm honest I think the NVQ is the more powerfull qualification as it can be used outside the homebased setting. I did both as I recieved funding for both. I'm not sure I would of chosen to do both if I hadn't recieved the funding. I wish you luck in whatever you decide.
Liz xx

Rasharoon
30-08-2009, 07:03 AM
... I can't think why you're being told you need 2 level 3s

The tutor said it would open many doors within childcare AND that it would look impressive having two level 3's!!

I'll speak to the CIS in the week and see what they say.

Thanks.

x

suez
08-09-2009, 09:59 AM
hi im just looking into either of these courses now just came across the nec on line site wat do you think to this ?