PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused!

fran29
28-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Ofsted visited me today and gave me the go ahead to look after twins under1 for 1 morning a week.About an hour later i had a call from a lady looking for care 8-4,4 days a week to include the morning i have the twins.Her son is 16 months old. I have 3 children ds 6,ds 5 and dd 3.My question is now my son is just 5 and will be starting school in Sept am i able to look after more children under 5,therfore have the 16 month old on the morning i have the twins? I'm so confused by this 4 and 5 in full time education thingy.
Hope you understand what i mean!!!
Very confused x

Cazz
28-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Ofsted visited me today and gave me the go ahead to look after twins under1 for 1 morning a week.About an hour later i had a call from a lady looking for care 8-4,4 days a week to include the morning i have the twins.Her son is 16 months old. I have 3 children ds 6,ds 5 and dd 3.My question is now my son is just 5 and will be starting school in Sept am i able to look after more children under 5,therfore have the 16 month old on the morning i have the twins? I'm so confused by this 4 and 5 in full time education thingy.
Hope you understand what i mean!!!
Very confused x

Only just starting out myself so I may not have my facts correct but my understanding is that you have to notify Ofsted that your son is now 5 so they can change your registration details.

Was your variation for 2 under 1's (instead of the usual 1) or an additional under 5? If was for 2 under 1's then I don't think you could care for the 16 mth old as well as the twins as your 3 year old dd would be counted in your numbers.

That probably sounds very confusing but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable and a better way of wording things will be along soon!!

fran29
29-08-2009, 08:04 AM
Hi,the variation was for 2 under1's,i think its only until they are 1 though.So does that mean when i contact Ofsted to tell them my son is 5,i can then take this 16 month on or not?
Still unsure!!

FussyElmo
29-08-2009, 11:08 AM
My understanding is you are allowed 3 under 5's so no you wouldnt be allowed the 16 month old on the day you had the twins.

They have granted you the variation to have two under 1's not increased your numbers.

Kelly
29-08-2009, 11:18 AM
My understanding is you are allowed 3 under 5's so no you wouldnt be allowed the 16 month old on the day you had the twins.

They have granted you the variation to have two under 1's not increased your numbers.

I agree I think you will have been granted a variation for 2 under 1's I am sure she would not have increased your numbers. When I had a variation for a 2 year old, it impacted on my over 5 numbers to keep me still within my numbers.