PDA

View Full Version : Activity planning sheets

Alz
28-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Hi guys....can anyone help me?

Just trying to start formulating some activity planning sheets for simple activities, have a couple of formats, but they are just not working for me. Just wondering if anyone would be kind enough to let me have a look at theirs as I was going to develop my own sheets...but it's late in the day and I don't know where to start!?

Thanks!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Alz
28-08-2009, 07:30 PM
.......Or if you could point me in the direction of some other activity sheets to look at online or something, I'd be grateful!

x

sarah707
28-08-2009, 07:45 PM
What sort of thing are you thinking of?

You can plan using continuous provision - messy play, reading, outside, arts and crafts, role play and dressing up, games and puzzles etc...

You can plan using a range of resources through the week - simple grid which shows days of the week and the things you intend to get out for the group...

You can plan for themed activities - so you have a theme of Red Nose Day and your resources are... red in the paint, red snack etc...

Then of course you need to think about the individual child and plan to their needs.

what do you need to show? :D

Alz
28-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Thank you Sarah!!!!!

Waiting for my cert through the post so no ideas what kids I will have yet, so was thinking I would just start to formulate and get into the swing of doing some simple activity planning and linking to EYFS etc.

I was thinking of starting with fairly simple activities...painting, puzzles etc or set activity "theme" like Christmas or Autumn.

Say for example painting, would I just put what the activity is, what resources I will need/use and then specify under the Learning & Development sections what that activity would relate to?

I really don't know what I'm doing yet with these?!?!?! :panic:

miffy
28-08-2009, 08:55 PM
There are some example planning sheets here that you could adapt

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/eyfs/planning.html

And if you look round the forum you'll find lots of other threads about planning that might help you

Miffy xx

sarah707
29-08-2009, 07:49 AM
It sounds like you are on the right lines.

Start with things you hope they will enjoy... find their interests and follow those.

Focus on play and learning from play, but most important of all is to let them play.

When they are settled and need a little more guidance (usually around the age of 3) start introducing slightly more structure.

Use local and global celebrations and festivals that mean something to the children to keep things interesting...

Hth :D