PDA

View Full Version : can i apply for CRB now?

snufflepuff
28-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Hi everyone. im new to all this so i hope im posting in the right place.
Ive noticed that it seems to take a very long time for CRBs to come through. Im due to start my ICP next month and have my first aid booked. I was just wondering, is it possibe to order some CRB forms online somehow and get the ball rolling? Where do you usually get the forms from? do ofsted send them to you when you register?
Thanks

green puppy
28-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Hi,
Have you sent off your application to ofsted? They will send you enhanced crb forms but the inspecter that does your pre-reg checks will have to look at your identification etc and sign your form before it goes to the crb. You also have to get a health declaration form signed by your doctor, this is included in the application pack. Do you have an application pack from you briefing session?

Cazz
28-08-2009, 11:30 PM
You can't send off the CRB's yet - as Green Puppy said the inspector at your pre-reg visit will want your filled in enhanced forms so that she can verify your id (information will be put straight onto the laptop) and she then sends them off for you. You are responsible for getting the medical form filled in and sent off though (after you have sent the application form to Ofsted).

I had my pre-reg just over 2 weeks ago and was told the CRB's are taking 5-6 weeks which I don't think is too bad (says she keeping her fingers crossed that it won't take any longer :laughing: )

sarah707
29-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Unfortunately there is no rushing these things! Sorry!

You might find this thread useful :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2442&highlight=registration+process

sarahbcrofts
29-08-2009, 09:43 PM
I had my pre-reg 3 weeks ago and my CRBs landed yesterday! So fingers crossed they won't take too long! (Shame Ofsted lost my health declaration though!)

snufflepuff
31-08-2009, 11:26 AM
thanks for your help everyone- i thought that might be the case!
im due to attend my briefing in a few weeks time so nothing officially started yet- never mind, just have to sit tight!

thanks for the link Sarah- really helpful