PDA

View Full Version : Twins!!

fran29
27-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Hi,i'm a newly registered childminder (since June) and i'e been asked to care for 10 month old twins for half a day a week.Wrote to Oftsed and they ahve called and said they would like to visit tomorrow.I'm worried they wont grant me the change as i've got 3 kids of my own(1 at school,one starting school in Sept and a 3 year old)
the mother wants me to have them form beginning of Sept so much time.I so don't want to have to let her down as she needs to go back to work asap.
Any tips on what Ofsted will want to see and hear tomorrow?
I'm confident that i can look after them and will only have my dd at home on the day that they will be here.Help!

TheBTeam
27-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Firstly don't panic, they will want to check things like, you have thought about whether you have sufficient equipment and resources, have thought about how you will deal with two very young babies, and how you plan to provide individual attention to each of them etc.

Good luck!

It's a small world
27-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi

I spoke to ofsted today as I have had an enquiry about twins too.

9mths old.

I currently have my ds 23mths and a 2.5mindee 2 days a week. The twins I might have will be on the same day as my other mindee which will take me over my numbers (4 on one day) and give me 2 under 1yr. I have been advised by ofsted that they don't like to split twins up and that they doubt it will be a problem and they haven't visited me yet so don't be disheartened the girl at ofsted seemed quite encouraging that I shouldn't have a problem being accepted for a variation. So you might be ok. I guess when they visit they just want to see the size of your house and if you will be able to accommodate all the children at one time. good luck

Let me know how you get on :thumbsup: