PDA

View Full Version : Help with number of children allowed....

alicia77
27-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Afternoon all,
I was just wondering if you registered cm's could help me please :)
I have 3 children of my own aged 8, 4 and 3....any ideas roughly of how many children Ofsted would let me mind - my 8 year old and 4 year old are at full time school and my youngest will be at pre-school 9am-12 noon from January
Thanks in advance :)

Fabulous website x

Gherkin
27-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Generally it would work like this:

If you had no children of your own and depending on the size of your house you could have:
Under 1 x1
Under 5 x 3 (one of which would be the under 1)
5+ x 3

Your 8 year old should not effect your numbers, your 4 year old if at full time school should be classed as being in the 5+ age range, your 3 year old will be classed as an under 5 and the fact they attend pre-school does not even come in to it. So from all this info I would assume that in terms of mindees you could have:

Under 5 x 2 of which one could be under 1 yr old
Over 5 x 2

At the end of the day though it is up to Ofsted to decide how many they register you for. If your home is small they could register you for less mindees.

I personally have a 3yr old and a 5 yr old so I am allowed 4 mindees 2 under 5 and 2 over but my under 5's can both be under one as I applied to Ofsted to have my conditions changed, and supplied them with evidence on how I would cope.

alicia77
28-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Thank you very much for your reply Claire :)