PDA

View Full Version : Another question about what files

It's a small world
26-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Hi

I know there have been a few threads about what files everyone has but just wanted to check a few things..

Details about each child- do you have separate files for each child or put all their personal details in one folder but seperated by dividers for confidentiality???

EYFS - Obs / Next steps / links to EYFS etc - can this go in my all about me book? My All About Me Book is binded is it better to use a ring binder.

So confused so muh paperwork where is the best place to out it all ??????

:panic: HELP:panic:

Probably asked these questions before but so want to clear all my worktops and make space with several files....make it more tidy and easy to find.

Thanks in advance for any replies:)

grindal
26-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Personally I have one folder per child. Contracts and personal details in the front, obs, and links to EYFS and next steps in the back. I use an A4 folder.

PixiePetal
26-08-2009, 10:22 PM
I have plastic 'envelope' type files with a popper closure IYSWIM for their details, contracts etc. Keep them in lockable metal file box.

Obs etc in ring binder so I can add and shuffle when needed. :)

sarah707
27-08-2009, 07:01 AM
I have one folder per child as well.

I keep some paperwork near me for daily use then they are put away in the folders at the end of each month.

It doesn't matter how you do it so long as you remember confidentiality and it works for you!

Hth :D

It's a small world
27-08-2009, 08:10 AM
So could I have a

A file for each child with all their permission forms/ policies signed/ all about me/ obs/next steps/ photos / wow moments etc - confidential of course

A file for risk assessments

A file for my paperwork (master copies)

My portfolio

A health & safety file - fire alarms / drills etc

and so on????

I guess this will cut down on my files then

Thanks for your advice

mama2three
27-08-2009, 08:24 AM
just planning my paperwork too , and thats pretty much how mine is set up - except the risk assessments and fire drills / procedures etc are in one 'safety' file.

buildingblocks
27-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Hi I know there have been a few threads about what files everyone has but just wanted to check a few things.. Details about each child- do you have separate files for each child or put all their personal details in one folder but seperated by dividers for confidentiality??? EYFS - Obs / Next steps / links to EYFS etc - can this go in my all about me book? My All About Me Book is binded is it better to use a ring binder. So confused so muh paperwork where is the best place to out it all ?????? :panic: HELP:panic: Probably asked these questions before but so want to clear all my worktops and make space with several files....make it more tidy and easy to find. Thanks in advance for any replies:)

I have a binder and have binded booklets in the child's personal file in a filing cabinet one is for medical paperwork (this contains medical permission and all accident forms, existing injury, incidents, etc). The other one is for general info and contains the contracts, permission slips, and any other info). These are all in date order. So as I add something new I just add it to the back of the booklet.

I now have another one in some files which contains all the info for working with the child's school.

Anything else is contained in the child's Learning Journey.

buildingblocks
27-08-2009, 01:59 PM
oops I didn't read your post properly just thought you were talking about the child's info.

I have lots of folders one for Risk Assessments, one for my certificates, one for EYFS, etc. I get a couple of the child care mags and take out useful info and put into folders so I have a folder for Safeguarding info, one for info on additional needs, one for medical info, etc.

MissTinkerbell
27-08-2009, 02:05 PM
I have plastic 'envelope' type files with a popper closure IYSWIM for their details, contracts etc. Keep them in lockable metal file box.

Obs etc in ring binder so I can add and shuffle when needed. :)

Same here. Small folder contains contract, my individual needs form and all the permission slips. Then have ring binder for EYFS stuff, obs, photos and examples of 'work'.