PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted just called...

Flowerpot
26-08-2009, 06:13 PM
and said they would be visiting (first inspection) sometime over the next few weeks! I asked if this was the only notice I would get ( I thought they were more specific with childminders and at least tell them the week...) but she said it was. I then told her I take the kids out quite a lot during the day, and told her the specifc times I'd be out, which prompted her to say that I probably would get more notice in that case...
Feel a bit flummoxed now as I do need to update some things and am hoping they don't rock up tomorrow!! :eek:
Has anyone else been given such a vague time expectancy?
FP
x

little miss chatterbox
26-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I was really lucky when I had mine because I only worked Monday's at the time so I knew she would come on a monday and she said "i will come within the next two weeks and I can only come on a monday when you are working but the second week I will be on holiday"!!!!

didn't take a genius to work out she would be there the first monday!

Hope you get plenty of notice and don't lose too much sleep over it.

xx

grindal
26-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Good luck - mine phoned on Thursday at 3pm and turned up at 9.30am the following morning!

ZoeAlli
26-08-2009, 08:23 PM
I have just had Ofsted ring, I am on holiday at the moment so was able to suggest in a couple of weeks- I have to say she sounds nice, she was helpful as well!!!!:)

bongywongy
08-09-2009, 01:43 PM
They generally try to give very little notice, if you think ahead and make a list of all the times you are regularly out with the children it will probably narrow the date down a bit.

Good luck