PDA

View Full Version : fees for preschooler

loopylu
25-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Hi there,

I've read through loads of threads to try and find what to charge for pre-schooler, but still confused as to what to do. He is 3, and will be going 2 full days (9 - 3) and 1 half day. I know some of you say to charge full fees, as you are the responsible person whilst they are there, but usually thats if its only for 2 and half hours sessions. This is full days, would you still charge full fees?

thanks in advance.

Minstrel
25-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Could you compromise and charge half?

loopylu
25-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Just thinkin that yes, its tricky because she's a friend too, and its hard to approach but I've got to sort it out this week.

Jen4Kids
25-08-2009, 12:00 PM
One of mine is a preschooler, but doing 3 hrs sessions from sept (was 2.5hrs before) I have him 8-5.30pm and take him/collect him but im not first contact if he is ill (mums choice) Mum wanted contract to be from his finish time (11.30am) till 5.30pm, but i couldnt then have him if preschool was shut or in holiday times, so she finally agreed on my day rate of £30.00 and she brings him at 8am :thumbsup:

manjay
25-08-2009, 12:47 PM
I have a couple of children who are "with me" all day but out of my care from 9-3. I charge a 50% retainer for the hours they are not with me as they all want care in the holidays. I only do this kind of thing if it is for a couple of days a week. If it were every day I would be seriously out of pocket.

rickysmiths
25-08-2009, 02:21 PM
I have one who has been going 2 mornings for the last year and will start 2 full days at the end of next week. They arrive with me at 8am and lo is collected at 6pm. I take to and collect from pre-school so I charge for the full 10 hour day. I am first port of call if anything goes wrong at pre-school so even if I could fill the the time I can't incase I have to go and get lo, so the parents pay for the time.

Chimps Childminding
25-08-2009, 08:54 PM
I used to charge half if they were at nursery for the morning, but when my lo starts in september I am charging full as she will be with me during the holidays and I will drop off and pick up from Nursery. Also as she is 3 the nursery will be funded so parents will not be having to pay for that as well!