PDA

View Full Version : Thought it was to good to be true

geordiebunny
25-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Was going to ring ofsted this morning about apllication as they said last week was with a manager. Got a phonecall and yes you guessed it, it was Ofsted ringing me. I now have manager and someone else coming out tomorrow at 12.30 to discuss what CRB and SS checks have said. I tried to get more info out of her and told her that step son does not live with us anymore but that hasn't put her off. Now really panicking that they are going to say no and that it's all been a waste of time. :panic: :panic:

Has anyone else had this?

MissTinkerbell
25-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Sorry can't offer anby advice but at least if they are coming to talk to you then there must be something that can be sorted out.

Big hugs and good luck

Hope all goes OK.

Lick'le Oakes
25-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Really hope you get it sorted, big hugs to you:group hug:

balijay
25-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Oh geordiebunny what a pain! I have been following your progress as I think we are at about the same stage (have been told mine is with a manager after waiting an age for my CRB to come back). Wish they would let us know sooner if there is a problem. Fingers crossed all turns out for you ok - keep us posted.

Lou

Trouble
25-08-2009, 12:13 PM
They might not

p.s i went the Lytham St Annes high school:D :D

AliceK
25-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Was going to ring ofsted this morning about apllication as they said last week was with a manager. Got a phonecall and yes you guessed it, it was Ofsted ringing me. I now have manager and someone else coming out tomorrow at 12.30 to discuss what CRB and SS checks have said. I tried to get more info out of her and told her that step son does not live with us anymore but that hasn't put her off. Now really panicking that they are going to say no and that it's all been a waste of time. :panic: :panic:

Has anyone else had this?

Hi
Well I am in the same position, my application has been with a team manager for what seems like an age now, I know that this is due to some trouble my OH got into about 13yrs ago. I have been on the phone to them today because the last I heard from the inspector was that everything had been "made good". Anyway now I'm told that one of my personal references is still waiting for sign off. I have asked for the team manager to call me back. No-one has mentioned coming out to visit me although I wish they would, at least then maybe I could get some straight answers and sort it all out. Good Luck. Let us know how it goes :)

xxxx

miffy
25-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Think positive - you've not been refused and I don't think they would come out unless it's something that can be sorted.

Wishing you loads of luck.

Let us know how you get on

Miffy xx

geordiebunny
25-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Well have now found out hubby's ex wife has said she has been in contact with ofsted, she hates me and is not a nice person cause she abondoned her 3 sons for new hubby and baby girl (have never forgiven her for that) and is always wanting to be in control it's stupid. She says all sorts of things but actually think this may be something she has done. We have previously been reported to ss when we had all 3 boys living with us for stupid little things and these were all sorted and the cases closed.
It's so stupid it's mad and they won't give you any info.

Alice K - I'd just pester them every day that was going to be my next step from today as I really need to start working and have someone lined up now.

Rascal - my step son goes there now, which year did you go? I have a couple of friends who went and worked with quite a few people aswell.

Balijay - being with a manager must be the norm then as I hadn't heard of this until I was told mine was so at least I have a bit of normality there.

Thanks guys am sure to be back on again before they come and most definately after they go as I will not be letting them leave until they confirm if I can be a childminder because if there is any doubt I need to know now as been trying/spending and putting other things on hold until this starts.

balijay
26-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Good luck at lunchtime - hope you get everything sorted out.

margimum
26-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Good luck:)

AliceK
26-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Hope it all goes well. Let us know what they say. Good Luck :)

xxx

geordiebunny
26-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Well they left after 2 1/2 hours and it doesn't look good.

Firstly they had problems with step sons crb even though i said he doesn't live here anymore and isn't allowed near property or me due to recent events. Then they had a complaint to deal with from ex wife long letter of different things all lies and all child related matters fully dealt with and ss happy and cases closed. They kept saying how will i cope as she is likely to be complaining all time then i got told off for advertising. They now going back to ss to find out why they were involved for 3 years even though we have never had a social worker it was just down to ex dragging out court case/residency/contact even judge was sick of her in end and told her to grow up. And they want to do a health check on hubby as want him registered as an assistant because she said he is depressed and has alzeimers(? think thats how spelt) he does not but his mother had it.

They suggested I work in a nusery or as a nanny even as don't need to be registered but no need for nanny round here and don't like nuseries as don't feel have big focus of child and learning/needs with the ones around here.

They then wouldn't confirm if they could recommend me as a childminder so it doen't look good and I now feel totally crap as I can't get a normal job (have been trying since jan) due to reference from last employer.

:( :( :(

Am just going to say big thank you to you all now as not sure what am going to do with everything going on.

AliceK
26-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Oh my what a nightmare. I would say that even though them making more checks will no doubt take ages at least it will prove to them that your ex's wife is not telling the truth. SS will be able to put them straight and your OH's doctor will be able to confirm he doesn't have alzheimers so there should be no concerns there. As for her complaining all the time surely that is up to Ofsted to deal with. I know that some CM's have malicious complaints made against them from other CM's and Ofsted deal with this, they will soon know that all she's doing is being malicious.
I wouldn't give up yet. Just co-operate with them and let them find out for themselves that you are suitable.
Sending you lots of hugs because I know just what a nightmare all this is :thank you:

xxxx

Tatjana
26-08-2009, 07:06 PM
What a nighmare you're caught up in and through no fault of your own, you poor thing.

I really hope it all gets sorted out and you get registered, it's all so unfair what you're going through.

Best wishes
xx