PDA

View Full Version : Musical Instruments

Tam's Tribe
24-08-2009, 06:54 AM
I am in the process of purchasing some musical instruments (to accompany the piano and keyboard) for the children to play with and came across these mini rainbow musical bells and thought they looked great and good fun (how much is sound proofing?!?) . . .

A set of eight miniature metal hand bells, each bell ringing a different musical note. The enclosed song sheet gives directions to play four popular nursery rhymes using colour-coded instructions on which bell to ring when. A single player could learn with practice, or a group could be given a bell or two each with a 'conductor' indicating whose turn to play - or creating musical mayhem!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RAINBOW-MUSIC-BELLS-Hand-Bell-Musical-Toy-Instrument-BN_W0QQitemZ230353331198QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Toys _Creative_Educational_RL?hash=item35a220e3fe&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

miffy
24-08-2009, 06:57 AM
They look good - never mind sound proofing, I'd get some ear plugs! :laughing:

Miffy xx

Twinkles
24-08-2009, 06:59 AM
They do look nice , let us know what you think of them if you do buy :thumbsup:

Tam's Tribe
24-08-2009, 07:05 AM
They look good - never mind sound proofing, I'd get some ear plugs! :laughing:

Miffy xx

:laughing: You havent heard the rest . . . I am getting a recorder, marcas, clackers, tambourine, kazoo, triangle and xylophone :clapping: . . . we are going to make music . . . The Tam's Tribe Band . . . the kids love it . . . they all love the piano and keyboard so thought we need different sounds and all kids and contribute, no matter how big or small . . .

Twinkles
24-08-2009, 07:08 AM
:laughing: You havent heard the rest . . . I am getting a recorder, marcas, clackers, tambourine, kazoo, triangle and xylophone :clapping: . . . we are going to make music . . . The Tam's Tribe Band . . . the kids love it . . . they all love the piano and keyboard so thought we need different sounds and all kids and contribute, no matter how big or small . . .

Okay it's official ..............you are bonkers :laughing:

miffy
24-08-2009, 07:09 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hope your neighbours are understanding! :laughing:

Sounds great fun - will look out for you on BGT!

Miffy xx

emler
24-08-2009, 07:10 AM
I hope you have stocked up on headache tablets :laughing:

Mouse
24-08-2009, 08:27 AM
I've seen those bells somewhere before (can't remember where) and they're really good.

We've got loads of musical instruments & have them out daily for our music session. We've even got small cymbols...now they are loud!

Tam's Tribe
24-08-2009, 09:10 AM
I've seen those bells somewhere before (can't remember where) and they're really good.

We've got loads of musical instruments & have them out daily for our music session. We've even got small cymbols...now they are loud!

ahhhhhhh someone who understands me :clapping: . . . I havent got cymbols . . . we want cymbols . . . best get shopping again . . .

happytotschildminding
24-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Hi - I borrowed a set of these from the toy library. The children loved them but the paint chips easily if they get clashed together, so might not look perfect for very long, but they sound good and loud.
Carol

her8y
24-08-2009, 03:31 PM
We have loads of instruments and have added some of our own home made ones to the box. They get played with every day.....my neighbour loves it ...bless him. I like the look of the bells. Let me know what you think of them if you do buy some.

Tam's Tribe
24-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Hi - I borrowed a set of these from the toy library. The children loved them but the paint chips easily if they get clashed together, so might not look perfect for very long, but they sound good and loud.
Carol

Thanks Carol - can you remember how big they were? Just a little worried as the ad said miniature . . . re the paint chip, I wonder if I can coat with something or will that affect the sound *hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm*

Mouse
24-08-2009, 04:06 PM
If you're building up your instrument collection, have you got a thunder maker? They are great, but again very loud.

Tam's Tribe
24-08-2009, 04:08 PM
If you're building up your instrument collection, have you got a thunder maker? They are great, but again very loud.

*intrigued* Whats a thunder maker . . .

Mouse
24-08-2009, 04:20 PM
http://buy.ebay.vn/buying/en/display/110396509355_MEXICAN-HANDCRAFTED-THUNDER-MAKER-DRUM-PERCUSSION-ART

Mine is like this, but a bit longer. Basically, you hold the tube & spin the wire/spring round. The harder you do it, the louder it sounds. You can start off with a little rumble, then build up into really loud thunder!

I got mine from the Works bookshop ( might be Banana Bookshop, depending where you live)

happytotschildminding
25-08-2009, 06:58 AM
Dont know how to work the quote!!! "Thanks Carol - can you remember how big they were? Just a little worried as the ad said miniature . . . re the paint chip, I wonder if I can coat with something or will that affect the sound" by Tams Tribe

The ones I borrowed were just a nice size for a child to hold - probaby about the size of a small ruler or thereabouts - hope that helps
Carol

Twinkles
25-08-2009, 07:00 AM
http://buy.ebay.vn/buying/en/display/110396509355_MEXICAN-HANDCRAFTED-THUNDER-MAKER-DRUM-PERCUSSION-ART

Mine is like this, but a bit longer. Basically, you hold the tube & spin the wire/spring round. The harder you do it, the louder it sounds. You can start off with a little rumble, then build up into really loud thunder!

I got mine from the Works bookshop ( might be Banana Bookshop, depending where you live)

I got lots of lovely instruments from Works bookshop and not expensive either.