PDA

View Full Version : Bank holidays

little miss sunshine
23-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Recently read in the "Which" magazine the article about Bank holidays and charging for days off. I have also read loads of threads on here but still I am confused. Do I mention it to my parents who have been happy in the past to pay or do I not?? Is it the law? Confused as to what to do and if I need to mention it how to word it!! Would love your help!!
Janet x

Nicki L
23-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Sorry i cant really help you there - i do not work bank holidays so i dont charge.

Somebody more helpful is bound to be along in a mo xx

rickysmiths
23-08-2009, 10:29 PM
We are Self Employed and as such decide on our Terms and Conditions of work as long as they are reasonable and the parents agree and it is clearly stated in our Contracts you should be able to do what you want for your holidays.

I take 25 paid days a year and I am paid for all my Bank Holidays if they fall on a Contracted Day.

I am prepared to work Bank Holidays if the parent wants so I charge for them. If I do work I am paid double fee. Triple fee for Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Years Day. It is a risk I take if you like.

In 15yrs I have only ever worked once on a BH that was Boxing Day 4 years ago. it was quite fun because it was one mindee who just joined in with us for the day.

Just make sure you state clearly in your Contract what you will be doing.

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
24-08-2009, 08:09 AM
hi

i have agreed with my mindees parents that her kids can have 4 weeks holiday a year which she pays me full price and i can have 4 weeks holiday a year which she pays me 1/2 normally hourly rate.

I know some people dont charge for holidays but she was the won who Suggested the 4 wks paid for me.:)

I charge time and a half on bank holidays but as she has these off then she wont need me. So i dont charge her for bank holidays.

Hope this helps.