PDA

View Full Version : individual planning help needed

fun house
23-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Hi i am stuck on planning i have been trying work out how to do a individual planning sheet. Any ideas would be great.

Also how long do i use that sheet for as most of my children are only here for 1 day which does not give me a great deal of time with them.

Do you do it different for under 3's and over 3's?

If i look through the EYfS book and i know what areas i need to look at with the child do i put this onto the individual planning and does it have to relate to the topic/theme i am doing.

How do people keep track of where the children are in there stage of development as i have been using a tracker book but i have read on there that ofsted are not keen on them. Any other ideas?

Thankyou

sarah707
23-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Individual planning is about looking at what the child is doing ... now ... and planning for his needs, interests, learning styles and next steps.

It is almost immediate, not plannable in advance beyond the last few sessions really.

So J arrives and last session he was into dinosaurs... you might have some more activities planned for him. Then mum says we went to the zoo yesterday and he's not put down a lion they bought from the shop since... so out comes 'Dear Zoo' and your zoo animals and the dinosaur ideas are sacked for the day as he follows his new interest.

Sometimes you will plan for an ongoing way of playing (schema) such as having things to wrap up if a child likes wrapping or putting the cars out for a child who likes making traffic jams. That is their individual planning as well.

For paperwork with part timers, I would say a brief note of how you intend to meet their needs and an evaluation saying what you actually did.

Your obs and assessment are taken from what the child does with you, maybe a photo of them in action, a picture they've done, a model they've made photographed etc.

Then all that swings back into next session's individual planning.

It's easy to try and do too much - learning is organic and sometimes just happens.

It's no different with birth to 3 - all children follow the Eyfs - just find their age and stage of development using the guidance tables, so you know their starting points. You can plan from those.

Hth :D

Andrea08
23-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Very well said sarah ,,,

you could also print off from the EYFS CD the "Development Matters section of each childs age in your setting and the planning n resourcing

you can highlight and date each part of the development matters as you have done an observation on each child... the "Next steps or planning is from the end section "planning and resourcing " just copy the EYFS wording ...thats what its there for, to help you plan for that child in his age range

good luck hun it does get easier x

fun house
23-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Very well said sarah ,,,

you could also print off from the EYFS CD the "Development Matters section of each childs age in your setting and the planning n resourcing

you can highlight and date each part of the development matters as you have done an observation on each child... the "Next steps or planning is from the end section "planning and resourcing " just copy the EYFS wording ...thats what its there for, to help you plan for that child in his age range

good luck hun it does get easier x

Thank you so much that was what i have been looking for i will print them out.

It's a small world
07-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Individual planning is that like the next steps in the childs leanring journal.

Can I use my next steps as my individual planning ????

sarah707
08-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Individual planning is that like the next steps in the childs leanring journal.

Can I use my next steps as my individual planning ????

Yes that's what they are! :D