PDA

View Full Version : Potential school closure.

SimplyLucy
22-08-2009, 08:04 AM
Over the last year my local primary school has undergone a huge re-build. The children spent last year in temp classrooms which have now been taken away to allow for the finishing touches of the new school.

Like all projects on this scale, it's running behind! :eek: We were all warned that there maybe a possiblity that the school might not be ready in time and they'll have to delay the start of the autumn term.

Well that possibilty is becoming more of a reality. I spoke to a friend who is a govenor and it's running way behind. On monday a decision will be made and parents will be informed when the school will be open again.

Now we're not due to go back till 7th September and the delay could mean up to 3 more weeks off. I'm not bothered by this, will be nice to go on days out when it's quieter because all the other children locally will be back at school!

I have a few term time only contracts. Now some of these parents are teachers so i'll give priority to them for full day spaces. I've already had enquiries from other parents panicking about childcare as they work in schools, I'll be able to fit a couple in. This is where I get to be choosey and NOT take the ones who use the cheap holiday club, it's run in a pre-school so won't beable to open for extra time! (That'll teach the parents!)

My dilema is.......
Now I know 1 family that are term time only will not send their children to me all day, they'll get granny or friends to help out.

Now this contract is worth just over £100 a week to me, technically it's term time so I should be charging, but if the school isn't open I can't drop the children off and collect.

Do I still charge???

Sorry I've rambled again, why do I always do that?:o

Hebs
22-08-2009, 08:12 AM
oooooooooooohhh tricky one

but i'd say yes the delays are not your fault

Minstrel
22-08-2009, 08:29 AM
agree with hebs and if they are getting family to help its not like they have to pay for two sets of childcare. plus i'm sure tax credits will still pay out .