PDA

View Full Version : given it all up

summersue
20-08-2009, 02:18 PM
I have been childminding for 10 years and I have had enough, all this endless paperwork, policeys, obs, journals, courses and more courses and these horribal inspections. When I first started it was all about the children now its all about the paperwork. I can't afford to give it up but I need my life back and my house.

ORKSIE
20-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Summer, you must have put so much into your career in CM, what a shame you feel you have to give up.
This place is so full of support if you feel you need it. I know we cant do the paper work for you but we can offer support.

I do hope you reconsider, I have been minding for 15yrs, alot has changed...paperwork for starters..the paperwork tho in my opinion is there for the good of the children.

Hope others have some words of wisdom for you.
Anyway...Good Luck in whatever you decide to do:)

sue m
20-08-2009, 02:34 PM
So sorry to hear that but can understand where you are coming from. It wasn't like this in 'the old days' was it. :panic: My two are leaving on Wednesday and I'm advertising but I think, do I really want to start again. I had a girl round this morning with a 9 months old baby boy and he was gorgeous but I didn't get the feeling that she was going to sign. She has other minders to see.

It's knowing what to do when we give up isn't it, it's not mega money but it all helps. Good luck with whatever you do, let us know? xx

LittleAcorns
20-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi Sue

the paper work is quite daunting isnt it? Im the worlds worst!!!!!!! and after 2 years of being registered, so really coming into it when it all started, so I know no different I still find it hard and am working on different techniques to help.

Perhaps, give it a short while, have a really good look around the forum, we all do things differently and its a case of what works best

I didnt have the best inspection due to the lack of evidence on paper...and was concidering finding a different job bacause also due to a parents altering commitments I was loosing 3 kids from the same family....

Im now going to be taking on a 9 month old baby and an 18 month old, it means more eyfs but I hope I can make it work........

If not I'll be calling on this lovely bunch

hope you stick around! x

ZoeAlli
20-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Sorry to hear you are giving it up Summer. I know what you mean though, I love children and only registered because I didn't want to be prosecuted for looking after children and accepting payment (parent insisted)!! To me it was not the paperwork I signed up for but the children!! I am struggling through the paperwork at the moment, having a good sort out while I have no children (on holiday), except my own dc's. I have bought some of Sarah's e-books and found them very helpful! Also when need extra help I can find it on the forum!
You have a wealth of knowledge that I am sure you could help us less experienced ones with and hope that you will reconsider- if not I hope you find something that you will enjoy just as much!!:)