PDA

View Full Version : oh my goodness pls help!!

crazychic
19-08-2009, 05:49 PM
hiya,
this is my first post! my name is nikki, im 27 and have decided i really want to become a childminder. i am 12 weeks ( on sunday) pregnant with my first child and will not be returning to my current day job!

have always wanted to be a childminder, but where the heckles do i start??? i am sorry if i am posting in wrong place....but much needed advice required.

First question, sorry if it is daft but....do i HAVE to have a qualification to childmind? have seen a course im interested in

second question.....i understand i need ofsted reports etc....but where do i start?? do you pay first? how much? been on the websites but even more confused now!

so...i have gladly found you guys and look forward to getting to know you all,

take care

thanks in advance

nikki xx

nikim
21-08-2009, 02:48 PM
hi nikki , first of all welcome to the forum and well done on your decision to stay at home with your baby and be a childminder, do you have a local childrens centre or information service , not sure what happens in other areas but thats where i would start you will then be informed of any childminding briefing sessions happening in your area this will give you all the information you need as to which courses you need to do and you can decide if you really want to do it, im sure someone will come along that is more up to date on these things, good luck xxxx

breezy
21-08-2009, 05:14 PM
hi and welcome, take a good look round the forum, you will find all the answers you need.

OrlandoBelle
21-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Hi Nikki and welcome to the forum.:D

I just found this leaflet that may be of help you you:

http://www.*************/mainwebsite/resources/document/rc01_become_england.pdf

Hope it helps and good luck in becoming registered. x

zillervalley
21-08-2009, 05:22 PM
hi nikki welcome to the forum, sorry i cant answer your question, although so pleased that you are considering minding

hope all works out for you

ziller

Gizmo
21-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi Nikki and welcome to the forum, I cant answer your question but I registered in June and started my1st mindee 3 weeks ago and I am loving it, its a good decision to make :thumbsup:

bongywongy
08-09-2009, 01:40 PM
hi

If you contact your local childrens information service they should be able to give you information on your local authority. You will need to attend a pre registration course and then submit an application form to register with Ofsted. Once you are registered for six months you will receive your first graded inspection.