PDA

View Full Version : mamas and papas travel cots - play pen??

carlen222
19-08-2009, 10:44 AM
hi, i went into my local mamas and papas shop (the only baby shop in my area) to buy a travel cot. they showed me the basic rectangle one that costs £60 (+ £20 for matress) or one at £85 (+30 for mattress!!) the only difference is the expensive one has curved sides-well thats only diffrence i can see!!!!

anyone have any idea if its bigger, or lightweight?? it does look nicer right enough and the money im paying for it with is part of a grant that can only spend in that shop so im thinking im aswell going for the expensive one!!

also does anyone ever use these cots as play pens?? i remember with my daughter i used to put her in if i was going to the kitchen etc but i nevr used a play pen with my son-seems a bit cruel putting them in a pen?? xx

mama2three
19-08-2009, 10:56 AM
dont know about those particular travel cots , sorry - but i used one for just a few weeks if I was in the kitchen or needed to go for a wee when Quinn was just at the 'just walking and exploring but likely to fall at the blink of an eye' stage!! I wouldnt buy an expensive one though , the time you use them is so short! Unless you would use it for sleeping babies at a later date i guess then it would be much comfier.

carlen222
19-08-2009, 11:12 AM
yeah i plan on using it for nap times as ive given away my big cot. it was just when went to buy it the lady said they double up as a play pen. good point about going for a wee!! keeps them out of danger if use as play pen also!!

the money if got that im allowed to spend is through the job centre. itd usually be used to buy clothes for job interviews or for clothes once you find a job but im allowed to use it to set up my business!! so i have £231 left to spend. cant think of anything else to buy so thought im aswell just going for the more expensive one! xx:thumbsup:

tulip0803
19-08-2009, 01:56 PM
I got my mamas & papas travel cot (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3763083/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CNursery%7C14417537/c_2/2%7Ccat_14417537%7CCots%2C+nursery+furniture+and+b edding%7C14417580/c_3/3%7Ccat_14417580%7CTravel+cots%7C14417593.htm) from Argos for £39.99. It's only basic but it does the job and the children sleep well in - although I prefer my old Mothercare one as I find it easier to put up. It's entirely up to you how much you want to spend but the cheaper ones work just as well:thumbsup:

I also use them as a safe place when I go to the loo.

her8y
19-08-2009, 02:20 PM
I use mine for popping them in when I need to pop to the toilet too!!. I personally wouldny use it as a play pen as it stops them exploring but that is just aq personal thing. My neighbour uses hers to pop her little one in whilst she is doing jobs in the garden (open/community garden) or at the allotment so she knows lo is safe but lo more room to manouver than in a pram.:thumbsup:

cherylann
01-09-2009, 09:34 PM
hello
i used graco one when my son was little great for sleeping in during the day or when needing to pop up stairs i will purchase one of those again when i get into needing equipment got to get through the pre reg part first

sonia ann
02-09-2009, 12:27 PM
I use my travel cot as a place of safety for my lo's if i need to go to the loo or the kitchen , answer the front door etc. i also use it as a play pen for short periods of time for younger babies to keep them safe from boisterous toddlers:)

breezy
02-09-2009, 01:23 PM
I use my travel cot as a place of safety for my lo's if i need to go to the loo or the kitchen , answer the front door etc. i also use it as a play pen for short periods of time for younger babies to keep them safe from boisterous toddlers:)

same here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rubybubbles
02-09-2009, 02:03 PM
I have 2 travel cots

A mamas and papas one that cost me £80 over 7 years ago and still as strong and a cheaper Argos one that was £30

I use mine mainly for sleeping, but have used one in the past for safety reasons:thumbsup:

Looking forward to starting new baby soon so can get them out again:thumbsup: