PDA

View Full Version : advice needed please

daisyboo1980
18-08-2009, 07:14 PM
hi all
im a newbie and could do with your help and advice , i am waiting on being reg and was told by my social worker that i passed and just had to wait on paperwork being sorted, sw said i would be completed by end of july start of aug. i heard nothing so end of july i phoned to be told they are waiting on my partners vetting. i handed my notice in and advertised and have filled all my place starting sept 1 as i was told it would be all sorted by then . i phoned today as i was waiting on them phoning back and they cant find my file or paper work, sw is off sick and has been for months and head sw is off on hoildays not back until monday which then leaves a week to get me reg.
wat do i say to the parents? they no i was waiting on it for end july/aug.
help what should i do ?
:panic:

FizzysFriends
18-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Why are you waiting for a social worker? Is it ofsted you are talking to or are you in wales or scotland?

Are both your CRB's done?

Minstrel
18-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Unfortunately i know from forst hand experience how long the whole things take. It took me 13 months from start t finish to get reg'd. I'm sorry yours is taking ages too. The only thing i know of is if you husbands check has taken more than 60 days you can ask for them to chase it up, i dont' think theres much they can do before then.

(Was it actually a social worker that told you when you should be reg'd because it isnt actually anything to do with them (aside from checks they might do), or do you mean an inspector that you spoke to?)

I personally cant see you getting your cert back in a week (sorry!). After i got back both the CRB forms it was still about 2 weeks before i got my registration. Might be an idea to pre warn the parents.

Good luch though- hope its not too much longer! x

mumof1
18-08-2009, 08:40 PM
In north of ireland its social workers who actually make people registered childminders, they do everything from pre-reg course to the inspection. Its all up to them, depending on area but in northern ireland social workers do it all!

daisyboo1980
18-08-2009, 08:58 PM
im in northern ireland
and all checks and visits are done but my paper work has disappeared or been misplaced
social worker is off sick so they cant ask her
plus they've had my partners forms since april im so cross as ive parents waiting and i really dont no wat to do next

i think over here is different to become a childminder i started last year and really need it sorted just dont no how to do it
its so frustrating as i thought i would be ready to go now

mumof1
18-08-2009, 10:39 PM
i live in northern ireland (belfast), u?

angeldelight
19-08-2009, 06:34 AM
im in northern ireland
and all checks and visits are done but my paper work has disappeared or been misplaced
social worker is off sick so they cant ask her
plus they've had my partners forms since april im so cross as ive parents waiting and i really dont no wat to do next

i think over here is different to become a childminder i started last year and really need it sorted just dont no how to do it
its so frustrating as i thought i would be ready to go now

I would be frustrated too I dont think its good enough that they have lost the paper work
I would pester , pester and pester more every single day so they got so fed up they would sort it just to get rid of me ha ha

Hope things work out soon for you

Angel xx

miffy
19-08-2009, 06:51 AM
I would be frustrated too I dont think its good enough that they have lost the paper work
I would pester , pester and pester more every single day so they got so fed up they would sort it just to get rid of me ha ha

Hope things work out soon for you

Angel xx

I would do the same!

Good luck

Miffy xx

daisyboo1980
19-08-2009, 09:08 PM
thanks everyone they are sending out different social worker on friday fingers cross it goes well and i'll be up and running for the 1st as ive families waiting
think they got sick of my phone calls :laughing: