PDA

View Full Version : Kacking it :(

Emz
18-08-2009, 02:52 PM
I am so kacking the idea of getting my 'phonecall to say i have my inspection in a couple of days' , atm i'm trying to swot up on my EYFS but i swear none of it is going in, theres way to much in the book and i am getting totally confused.
Sorry to sound stupid, its my first post :) but i am worried i won't be able to answer the inspectors questions.
Just had to let that out, back to trying to work it all out x

sue m
18-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Hi Emz and welcome. Sounds like you mean you're having your pre-reg visit. Don't worry about that. The only questions they will ask will be easy enough, they're not testing you, just wanting to see what you have in mind. It's a 'nice n easy' visit the pre-reg. She/he won't be asking you about planning and obs etc. Take it easy and don't panic and don't try to read it all at once, you'll never take it in, just do a bit at a time. It will come eventually, it did even to me!! :eek: :thumbsup:

It's a small world
18-08-2009, 04:34 PM
I worried for a week..(hoping you get a nice inspector) I had a lovely lady..I didn't sleep for a week cleaned my house from top to bottom..was up till midnight ...Anyway she arrived (make sure you check her ID!!!!!

She spent 5-10mins looking around the house..out of the 40+ pre reg questions she asked about 4-5 didn't even look at my notes (most were about safeguarding..

and then had a quick look at my files..and that was it.. I queried a few things....have a small old fashioned fire guard not one of those big hefty ones..she said this was fine but when lo's learning to walk she suggests covering them with cushions (which we did with ds anyway)

She offered advice.....I know when they are grading they can be scary..but I think that for pre reg they are not there to judge you but give you advice.

Good luck ..im sure you will be fine..

Hope that helps

oh and welcome to the forum and childminding..:clapping:

miffy
18-08-2009, 04:49 PM
You'll be fine - relax - at the pre-reg visit the inspector is there to help you so don't worry.

Miffy xx

Tatjana
18-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Have you got your 'pre reg booklet' fill that in with bullet points and you'll be fine, as others have said the inspector is there to help you at this stage.

Stop worrying! :)

xx