PDA

View Full Version : This is getting me all in a right tizz!!!

carla
18-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Ok, I look after 2 kids, i have looked after them since june. 1 goes to school, so just looking after her b4 and after school. The other one doesn't go to school. so comes home with me. The boy that doesnt go to school will in Sept.
With the school holidays i have been looking after both of them. Which has been fine. But mum said to me a few weeks ago she doesn't need me for the next 2 weeks. Its says in my contracts that I still need payment, based on an average week.

I added up all that she has paid me (in school term and out of term) I divided by the amount of weeks i have worked for them. Is this correct? cos she isn't happy with the price.
I have a woman coming around from trio in a bit, going to discuss it with her!
Whilst I agree the price is alot, should i have just based the money on when theye were at school? Arrrjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh- going around in circles with this. Please keep me sane, and tell me what to do.

Thank-you

xx

FussyElmo
18-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Im taking it that you charge her different amounts in school and holiday times.

I would charge the holiday rate as that is the time she is taking. However my friend would charge the term time rate!!!

zillervalley
18-08-2009, 09:39 AM
its difficult, because you should ask for half the holiday amount or the full what ever you said in contract,

i personally take the term time amount, in hols, if they dont attend

ziller

devoncm
18-08-2009, 11:06 AM
What does it state in contract? in one contract i have it says that if child is away in term time they pay full fee but if away holiday time then its half fee, all other contracts i have done say full fee if child away

carla
18-08-2009, 11:10 AM
I just said they still need to pay me, and it would be an averaghe week money.

Tired
18-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Does your contract specify the hours you will have them in the holidays?

I only contract for school hours, and say Ill do additional hours in the holiday if needed and if I am free.

Then I charge holiday absences the same as term time ones, as that is all I am contracted for. Any additional hours I have the children in the holidays are a bonus for me.