PDA

View Full Version : nappies

mummyroysof3
17-08-2009, 07:07 PM
hi, i was thinking about giving reuseable nappies for andrew is there anybody on here thats used them and could give me some advise?

charlotte x

nannymcflea
18-08-2009, 05:24 PM
I used them with both of mine. Loved "tots bots" with lots of different wraps, flowery,cowprint etc!:D I used nappy nippas to keep them together and a disposable liner so the poop could just be chucked down the loo. Sorry not much help. But they are easy when you get into the habit, I never used nappysan or anything in the bucket,I'd dry bucket them then just bung them in the washing machine when it was full.

Tatia
19-08-2009, 06:44 AM
I used them too but I had a nappy service that collected the soiled ones and brought me clean ones. It was brilliant!

mummyroysof3
19-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Well ive ordered a set of 3 to try they look easy enough to use and wash, ill let you know how i get on:thumbsup:

wish someone was going to wash them for me:laughing:

charlotte x

zillervalley
19-08-2009, 10:32 PM
i used terry ones for my dd i loved them even the work that came with, much better thar disposable

ziller

ORKSIE
19-08-2009, 10:52 PM
I have never used "Proper Nappies":blush:

Lincsminder
20-08-2009, 07:55 AM
I have used them for all four of my children and have tried just about every kind going, there are some fantastic shaped ones on the market I really like the tots bots. However I allways seem to go back to using bamboo squares, they are cheap, soft, not as bulky and fairly quick to dry.

mummyroysof3
20-08-2009, 09:48 AM
lincsminder, would you mind looking at these ones for me ive ordered a pack of 3 to try

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130315706244&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

What are these sort like? i also ordered some flusable liners too

I also found out my council will give a small grant towards them to so sent for a form:thumbsup:

charlotte x

mummyof3
20-08-2009, 12:54 PM
I used them with my son from 12mths to toilet training I really loved seeing him run around outside with funky coloured nappy wraps they look so much nicer than disposables. I didn't find it much more work and my bin was less full every week! I bought a couple to try and I never looked back so good luck with them :thumbsup:

Oh I used Kushies/Kooshies and occasionally motherease and wraps

Lincsminder
21-08-2009, 04:49 PM
lincsminder, would you mind looking at these ones for me ive ordered a pack of 3 to try

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130315706244&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

What are these sort like? i also ordered some flusable liners too

I also found out my council will give a small grant towards them to so sent for a form:thumbsup:

charlotte x

I would say they look fantastic value for money in fact I have paid that much for just one like that in the past. The only thing I would say is you wont get as much wear from a pocket nappy compared to a more traditional two part nappy this is because the waterproof part will have to be washed every time as it will get poo and wee on it where as with a two part nappy the wrap covers the absorbant nappy part and can be left out to air and used a couple of times before it needs washing. The other thing is it isnt as good for containment again because it is essentally only one piece of alastic around leg but with a two part you have the nappy then the wrap so less chance for leaks. That said it will be easier to put on than a two part system and will dry quicker than a normal all in one because you can remove the absorbant part (the inner form the pocket) and hang seperatly to dry.

If this is a bit confusing just say and I will try to explain better.
caroline

flora
21-08-2009, 05:34 PM
I used terry squares for both mine, no tumble dryer and they dry real quick!!

I bought wraps online and I found motherese and popolina were the best, used nappi nippas not pins.

I can truly say they are no more hassle than dipsosables, they were great and now they are hand towels for my mucky husband :clapping:

Lincsminder
21-08-2009, 05:57 PM
they were great and now they are hand towels for my mucky husband :clapping:
they have a multitude of uses don't they. I have used them for a head wound while out at a park, drying a bench so i could sit down to feed, drying hands when out and then when they get really old they are great as floor cloths.

mummyroysof3
21-08-2009, 07:39 PM
thanks for the replies, the ones i ordered came today and are drying overnight, cant wait to try them tomorrow, i understand what you mean about the wearing out quicker cos of washing the outer more but, seam such good value for money i dont mind having to replace them at a later date, i might order some of the other type if i find a bargin on ebay:laughing:

need to get a bucket and seen something about putting some tea tree oil on a cloth in their to stop it smelling an sanitise them in washer, not pre soaking as ive read that reduces the life of them

so sad but im really excited about using them, my auntie was really impressed with them though:clapping:

ill let you know how i get on:thumbsup:

charlotte x

mummyroysof3
18-09-2009, 06:23 AM
well getting on really well with them, though im finding that jessica needs to be changed every 2 hours and andrew abit longer than that, i bought some bambino mio ones and prefer them to the ones i bought to start with :laughing:

charlotte x

singlewiththree
18-09-2009, 06:27 AM
Hello I used them with all 3 of my children. I didn't bother with soaking and put a wash on every 2nd day or so. I did prefer the separates but had a couple of All-in-ones for visits to granparents and for their dad to do. I loved the nippa ones.