PDA

View Full Version : first visit , fingers crossed she liked us!

mama2three
17-08-2009, 04:47 PM
had our first visit today , the lo is 13 months and mum wants 4 part time days , not a lot but im looking at it as easing me in gently. She seemed happy with us , and has organised settling in dates and i said I would have the contracts and paperwork all set up for when she brings him then. But my registration isnt thru yet , just waiting on the crb checks .shes aware of that but Im worried they may not come through in time! And worried that she may have said she liked us but Ill get a call saying shes changed her mind or something! No-one said this was going to be easy , but I may spend the whole time worrying! Theres so much to do before he comes again - lots of policies etc to put in place , and checking Ive got all the different permission forms etc that I need. No idea where to start! The minding bit is the easy bit , its all the peripheral things that may drive me mad!! So is there a tick list anywhere of the permissions I need to get so Im sure I havent missed anything? All advice welcome and very much needed! Kath x

mummyroysof3
17-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Thats great im glad it went well, i highly recomend sarah707 website shes made to help us confused childminders she also does some great ebooks for sale, there is a link on her posts to the site, or use the serch function to find posts/threads on permissions

hope that helps a little

charlotte x

sarah707
17-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Just wanted to wish you luck with the interview!

even after nearly 16 years I still get a bit nervous when someone new comes to visit... will they like me? Will I like them? Will the child like mine etc...

Just relax and have a chat first, then share the essential paperwork.

I always get them to come back to do all the signing - that way they have thought about it properly.

Hope it goes well :D