PDA

View Full Version : how many times?!

Rosiemay
17-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Hello - I had my initial ofsted visit in july. All went really well and the inspector said she'd be happy for me to have 3 mindees plus my 3. So she's sent off all my stuff for crbs.

But what happens now? Do I just wait for registration certificate? Do I have another visit? Do I get to read her report? Should I be phoning to hurry things along and find out how long it will all take?

I have mindees all lined up for when I'm registered . . .

Thanks for any advice!
Rosiex

green puppy
17-08-2009, 05:24 PM
You won't be registered until all crb checks are done, this can take 8-12 weeks. Sorry to disappoint but some members have waited longer. If you made a note of your crb ref number you can track the stages on line. From my pre reg visit til getting my certificate it took exactly 12 weeks.

karenpriest2000
17-08-2009, 05:28 PM
I had my pre reg visit in april and i was registered in july... You just keep phoning ofsted up after 10 wks

jemima
17-08-2009, 05:29 PM
phone ofsted and ask them where your application is up to. On a brighter note I have been registered a month now and mine only took 5 weeks from sending my form off to getting my certificate in the post so you might be quicker :) fingers crossed anyway
And tell them you have mindees lined up too it might speed them up x

Rosiemay
18-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Thanks all. So does that mean that I don't have another visit from ofsted before I'm registered?

And how do I find out my crb ref number so I can track it?

Thanks again!
Rx

mama2three
19-08-2009, 11:34 AM
my ofsted inspector told me to take a note of the crb reference numbers off the forms so i could track them online , but not sure if theres another way of getting them. It would make life easier if there was a way of tracking your childminding application online as well so you can see what youre waiting for instead of having to keep ringing!

mummyroysof3
19-08-2009, 12:06 PM
i got the phone number for CRB of their website and phoned them and they gave me the number to track online

charlotte x