PDA

View Full Version : Help! fees for wraparound care??

harrysgirl
16-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi
Would really appreciate your views on this one as not sure how to charge.
I have recently been approached by one of my parents who would like me to care for her 3 yr old before & after pre-school 1 extra day a week, on what is normally my 'day-off'. (if that exists :rolleyes: !!)
Only thing is pre-school is a 30 minute drive away from me so....
Would you charge for just the hours that the child is in my care plus mileage allowance?
...well, this is what I would normally do if it was closer to home, however I feel I need to consider due to the 1/2 an hour it will take me driving back home and then there again in the afternoon, would you see it to be fair if I charge for this hour too as in effect it is a 'working hour' out of my day to ensure they get there or are collected on time which I cannot offer to another child.
The time between drop off & collection then shortens my day considerably making it very unlikely that I will be able to fill her place for the 4 remaining hours in the middle of the day so...
Would you charge fees for the full day to cover that place, & then as I will be available, offer to be 'on-call' to care for the child in case they need to be collected early or the pre-school is closed while the parents are at work?
I hope that makes sense!?!
Am I being fair?.....Help????? :panic:

** Sorry forgot to say that if I charge for the place for the day, I would roll in the expenses for the mileage allowance etc. too, so really they'd only really be paying me less than half the normal fee per hour while their child is at pre-school.**
Confused?? me too! :laughing:

Chimps Childminding
16-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Personally, I wouldn't do it! If the pre-school is 1/2 hour drive away and you have to take and collect that 2 hours spent in the car running around for one child!

If I was to do it, I would definately charge for the whole day as you say the chances of filling the rest of the day are slim!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!:thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
16-08-2009, 04:24 PM
I charge from the time that I leave home so im paid for travelling time too.

The Juggler
24-08-2009, 09:09 AM
I would be charging for the whole day.

fun house
24-08-2009, 09:16 AM
i would charge for the whole day.

helenlc
30-08-2009, 12:21 PM
I charge for the time children are at pre-school anyway, so I would be charging from the time she was dropped off to me in the monring to the time she was picked up at the end of the day.

Do you have any other mindees? Some parents dont like their children doing too many school runs and it might put another parent off to know that their child will be in your car for at least an hour twice a day doing a pre-school run.

I personally wouldnt do it. The last pre-school run I did was 5 minutes in the car. I probably wouldnt do one that was more than 15 minutes away at the most. One because I dont want to be spending that much extra time in the car and two because I wouldnt want to have to take any other children in the car for that length of time.