PDA

View Full Version : Can someone PLEASE help me x

Ben10mad
14-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Hiya guys cud do with sum help with fee's please.
I have a lady coming 2moz she works 4 on 4 off, she doesnt need care on weekends so i will have 8 month old for minimum 2days and then 3 or 4 days depending on her work days.
the thing is minium days is 2 and the max days it will be 4, so one week will be part time n the next nearlly full time. well i only have a full time space left so what would you do?
do i charge just when baby is here or do i charge for the other days aswell even if she doenst attend cuz my full time space will be taken up.

god im confused!!!!!!

please advise me what to do :)

fionamal
14-08-2009, 02:39 PM
I would charge her for all 4 days as you wont be able to fill them on the days she doesnt use them.

sweets
14-08-2009, 02:41 PM
i would be temtpted to charge her for the 4 days too, but it may put her off.
You could charge full for the days you have LO and then half for the days you don't as a retainer.

LittleAcorns
14-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Hiya,

I think I have this right she works 4 on 4 off so presumably she works some weekend days just doesnt need you to look after little one! is that right? so in a month for instance you could have mindee 4 days some weeks 3 days other weeks and 2 days other weeks but all different days, so not even mon-Thurs one week and Mon-tues the next, it is literally taking up all of the days??

have I made that sound confusing??:laughing:

if thats the case, I would charge your retainer rate for the days you dont have little one :thumbsup:

cuffleygirl
14-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Look at it another way - what would you be happy with as some weeks you are getting three days off and others just one day off.

Any possibility you work out what it would be each month allowing a bit for hols on both sides and divide by 12 ie. Jan 14 days, Feb 8 , Mar 18 adding them up and dividing then you know what you've got coming in each month and she knows what's going out?

Ben10mad
14-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Hiya,

I think I have this right she works 4 on 4 off so presumably she works some weekend days just doesnt need you to look after little one! is that right? so in a month for instance you could have mindee 4 days some weeks 3 days other weeks and 2 days other weeks but all different days, so not even mon-Thurs one week and Mon-tues the next, it is literally taking up all of the days??

have I made that sound confusing??:laughing:

if thats the case, I would charge your retainer rate for the days you dont have little one :thumbsup:

Yes your bang on lol
i dont know what to do as she would be paying £120 per week if i charge for the 4 full days even if she only attends 2 days where as if i charge 2days and 2days at half pay its £80 per week

LittleAcorns
14-08-2009, 03:06 PM
I have a parent who needs me...

week 1 Mon 7 til 2
Tues 7 til 2
Fri 7 - 2

week 2 Mon 12 til 230
Tues 12 til 230
Weds 12 til 230

I literally sit and work out fees for 6 months (after about 5 cups of coffee and a big headache) because I have to add holidays in there where I look after this families 3 other children!!!! and the divide it by 6 equal monthly payments, that way we know where we are and I know what money Im getting :thumbsup: