PDA

View Full Version : Variation in holidays

Miriam
11-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Just had an enquiry from a lady who wants me to have her son during term and holiday time, but her 3 year old daughter only during the holidays as she is at nursery.

That could mean that in Feb next year due to other children I may be having I would have 4 under 5's two days a week during the holidays.

Would Ofsted be likely to give me a variation for these 2 days a week during the holidays for my extra one under 5 as she is an existing childs sister?

I don't want to say yes to all of these parents only to find I cant take all of the children next Feb. Although by then things may have changed and I may not have all of them anyway I would feel awful saying yes to all of them only to find I cant do it during the hols!:(

don the duck
11-08-2009, 07:59 AM
Hi. Id ask them as u never know.
Iv just had a variation and they really took there time decided. and that was for 3 under 5's .. i didnt think i was gonna get it. She also meantioned as i was a new childminder they have to consider it more.. She asked my inspector whom did my inspection how i was with the other 2 children. x

worth a try.? Good luck..

rickysmiths
11-08-2009, 08:12 AM
I would always ask. They can only say no. Though it could be continuity of care to be keeping siblings together.

Carol
15-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Hope you asked Ofsted. I have just had a YES from ofsted to have a variation so go for it.

Good Luck

Carol xx

Playmate
15-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Always worth asking! Good luck

suet
16-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Hiya, i would send them an e-mail, thats what i did a few weeks back because i wanted to have a variation on my certificate to increase my numbers to 5 under eights and for me to be able to have 2 under 1's at one time. They got back to me quickly and my variation was approved, so yes it is always worth wile asking, just one thing if you e-mail them make sure you add your signature to it as this is the only way they will accept your request by e-mail. Good luck with it, hope this message made sense to you.

Sue t :thumbsup: :)

Ally
16-08-2009, 08:48 PM
A friend of mine got the variation for 3 days a week for 4 under 5s. Don't try don't get

Ally

zillervalley
16-08-2009, 09:40 PM
I am sure you wont get turned down, worth a try

ziller

Mollymop
17-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Hope it all works out well x