PDA

View Full Version : New Car!

Little Pumpkins
11-08-2009, 06:42 AM
:)

Im so excited Im getting a "new" car on friday night lol

my childminding 54 plate zafira is being traded in for a new style ford focus in electric blue an 05 plate, I love the focus and used to have one of the old style ones before I started minding

seen as though Im not minding from 2 weeks time we decided a smaller car would be better!
plus the kids had no respect for my zafira and wrecked it!

anna

nannymcflea
11-08-2009, 07:08 AM
ooooh post a piccie for us to ooogle at.:clapping:

ORKSIE
11-08-2009, 07:15 AM
Kids do Wreck Zafira's...Why?:laughing:
Anyway, hope to see a pic soon of the new car:thumbsup:

Bazza
11-08-2009, 08:47 AM
My wife has a Focus and i have to say it is really nice to drive. A little under powered for its size maybe (1.6 litre), but its nice on a long drive. Lots of space inside too.

Before our daughter was born we looked at either a Ford or Vauhall, but the Vauxhall were all too small across the boot space to get a buggy in properly.

We are looking at trading it in now for a CMAX but are too busy to organise it.

Me, im looking at getting an old style Mazda MX5 (Actually, the imported Eunos version). Such nice little sporty cars.

LOOPYLISA
11-08-2009, 08:57 AM
:clapping:

My dad drives one of these :thumbsup:

We are looking at the s-max, not quite sure why there are only 3 of us :D hubby needs to be ablt to tow so im not complaining !!

Enjoy x

cabby
11-08-2009, 09:27 AM
we had a focus estate, loved it, traded it in for the c-max loved that as well, but we had the 2ltr one and wasnt to good on fuel, so just traded that in for a prius, not a lot of pepole like them but we love it...its a go go gadget car:)

Bazza
11-08-2009, 05:39 PM
we had a focus estate, loved it, traded it in for the c-max loved that as well, but we had the 2ltr one and wasnt to good on fuel, so just traded that in for a prius, not a lot of pepole like them but we love it...its a go go gadget car:)

Whats the Prius like to drive/fuel economy/servicing etc? I hear bad things about them (mostly on Top Gear i might add!), but i know Toyota are normally really good cars.

cabby
11-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Whats the Prius like to drive/fuel economy/servicing etc? I hear bad things about them (mostly on Top Gear i might add!), but i know Toyota are normally really good cars.

i dont drive it but my partner loves it, he said its really smooth, comfortable and lazy to drive, its only done 5000 miles and hes getting 58 to the gallon out of it, but we have been told that the more miles it does the more to the gallon it will do, toyota told us only they could service it, but hes just had it serviced at he usual garage no problem!!:laughing:

we love top gear but really do disagree with them on this one...lol:clapping:

Bazza
11-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Thats quite interesting about Toyta telling you only they can service it. Thats actually not allowed under European law! A few years back car companies were voiding customer warranties because they had cars serviced at non dealer garages (Obviously cheaper). The EU stepped in and said that they could no longer do this and slapped their wrists.

They can still get around this by making sure you have the service carried out "in accordance with the manufacturers service schedule". That means that as part of the service they have to place a special diagnostic PC into it when it (normally to just turn out the service light). Most small garages dont have the software so cannot do it. This is where the manufacturer then says "Well, your car has not been serviced properly so its no longer in warranty". They are on shaky ground with this so its worth arguing with them.

Just one of the many tricks of the trade (I use to work in it as a warranty manager so i know most of them;) )

The Prius might be different where the hybrid motor is concerned as hardly anyone else will have any knowledge or tools that can repair them. Yet...