PDA

View Full Version : car vandalised

Blackhorse
10-08-2009, 04:18 PM
so when some ex MPs car gets vandalised police will be investigating and the media is all over it..but when a mere mortals car is being vandalised nothing happens and not even the police can be bothered....

this will sound bitter..but the exact same happened to my car before and nobody cared about it.....and I am not saying the media needs to care but maybe the police...

Tatjana
10-08-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't think the police do anything much these day for crimes like these, it's awful.

xx

geordiebunny
10-08-2009, 08:00 PM
I know exactly how you feel I'm having alot of problems with verbal abuse from someone and the police don't want to know even though it is affecting me mentally. but if the media says something similar about the celebrity they can take them to court how does that work???

Bazza
10-08-2009, 08:21 PM
My wifes car windscreen and drivers door window were smashed last year and the local CSO came round and said we should park it somewhere that is not on a main highway as it was likely to be locals walking home from the pub!

So there you go, we were inconsiderate enough to park in the trajectory of a hoodie rock. We were let off with a warning on that occasion.:rolleyes:

I have not bothered to report the second aerial thats been nicked from my car this year. Dont want to be fined for leaving it in a tempting place...

Blackhorse
10-08-2009, 08:25 PM
My wifes car windscreen and drivers door window were smashed last year and the local CSO came round and said we should park it somewhere that is not on a main highway as it was likely to be locals walking home from the pub!

So there you go, we were inconsiderate enough to park in the trajectory of a hoodie rock. We were let off with a warning on that occasion.:rolleyes:

I have not bothered to report the second aerial thats been nicked from my car this year. Dont want to be fined for leaving it in a tempting place...

that made me laugh!!
you wrote exactly how I feel!! :-))

Toothfairy
11-08-2009, 10:42 AM
We have had a surge of car vandalisum lately.
About 7 cars down our road, including mine and hubby's were keyed all the way along each car from front to back and wing mirrors pulled off.

When I rang the police, as this was the 2nd time in as many months it had happened, he said that they would not do anything as it was not worth their time. I said that if you added up the cost of repairing and spraying all 7 cars, that came to a substantial amount and that it was infact criminal damage but they were not interested.

About a week later the Local Community Officer put flyers on our cars asking us not to leave valuables in the car in view, fold in wing mirrors etc.

A lot of ****** good that did!!!! :angry: :angry:

Pipsqueak
11-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Well I am sorry but you know we are all in the wrong for having a vehicle and parking in on the main highway :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) in many instances - we are just putting temptation in the way of these poor misunderstood keep-your-hands-toyourself-and-respect-other-peoples-property challenged individuals.

The lad across the road (this was last year) decided him and some mates were going to key approx 12 cars in the street - he was caught redhanded doing it witnessed by about 15 people, 1 person even filmed him (he is a little thug) and the police weren't interested at all - the person who filmed it actually got a ticking off! This lad and his mates caused several thousand pounds worth of damage. In all fairness his dad went of it at him but only because he'd been caught.

When we had our secured/alarmed caravan pinched from outside the house a few years back - apparently we should not have left it there according to the police as known caravan theives operate in the area!! We got back home around 11.30ishpm with said 'van and by 6am it was gone of on its own holiday.

The following year Bri's Scooby was parked ON THE DRIVEWAY - little gits tried two nights on the trot to get it - police were not interested - 'well these nice cars will be targeted'

Silly us for thinking we were ok to work hard and buy these nice things for us. Apparently we should share.

The other thing is - that we are ordinary citizens, not famous, not got pots of money or clout - we are not big news.
OK I accept that the police in the majority of instances do a great job and they are stretched to the limits and some things must take a back seat in priorities.

Blackhorse
11-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Well I am sorry but you know we are all in the wrong for having a vehicle and parking in on the main highway in many instances - we are just putting temptation in the way of these poor misunderstood keep-your-hands-toyourself-and-respect-other-peoples-property challenged individuals.

yes but I dont have a drive way or a garage...I need to keep the car somewhere...

well not at the moment as I got rid off it...:-)

Pipsqueak
11-08-2009, 03:05 PM
yes but I dont have a drive way or a garage...I need to keep the car somewhere...

well not at the moment as I got rid off it...:-)

sorry - didn't mean that to come across as we (as in anyone who does park on the road) as serious - I should have used smilies to indicate I was being sarky:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I totally agree - we should be able to park on the roads - we pay road tax, without fear of our vehicle being damaged by mindless eedjits.

tinkerbelle
11-08-2009, 04:36 PM
our car got broke into a few years back and had the radio and hubby's mobile in it police didnt even come out they gave us a incident number and said it was my hubby's fault for leaving the phone in the car even though it was on our drive way then another minder decided to scratch both sides of a brand new courtesy car i had (caught on cctv) and still the police didnt give a damn again gave us a incident number for insurance n thats it
unless you are famous you dont count

Bazza
11-08-2009, 05:36 PM
our car got broke into a few years back and had the radio and hubby's mobile in it police didnt even come out they gave us a incident number and said it was my hubby's fault for leaving the phone in the car even though it was on our drive way then another minder decided to scratch both sides of a brand new courtesy car i had (caught on cctv) and still the police didnt give a damn again gave us a incident number for insurance n thats it
unless you are famous you dont count

Wow! What was that all about? Turf war? (Sorry, im being nosey but sounds like gossip!)

Blackhorse
11-08-2009, 06:30 PM
sorry - didn't mean that to come across as we (as in anyone who does park on the road) as serious - I should have used smilies to indicate I was being sarky:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I totally agree - we should be able to park on the roads - we pay road tax, without fear of our vehicle being damaged by mindless eedjits.

sorry that was my mistake..I knew you were being sarky...but I tried to be too!! lol haha

I love eedjits...that made me laugh!!:laughing: