PDA

View Full Version : why are some people so rude ??

Blackhorse
09-08-2009, 12:42 PM
I have had several emails in the last couple of weeks through my webpage...(they can fill in their details on my webpage and it sends me an email..)

So as soon as I see the email I send them a reply with the answers to their questions and whether I have spaces for whatever times/days/ages they are requesting...

and then

NOTHING..

no answer...I mean I am not expecting everyone to get back to me and say ..oh yes I will keep my kids with you...but some sort of acknoledgment that they received the email...anything really...
and I am still upset with one mum that came round with her dd ..sounded all positve and then said..I will let you know only to never phone back again...
(even after I have left her a message to get back to me..) I mean she was being welcomed into my home..got coffee...my welcome pack...a tour round the house and garden...spent quite a bit of time here...and then I cant even get an email or something to say somthing like..just to let you know I found a place for my dd but thanks for taking the time to see m...

WHY???
I used to work in an office and we had a lot to do with people and communication was always a biggy.. I mean you return phone calls..emails etc...you are polite and all that??

It really makes me feel very sad...
how do you all deal with this??

Spangles
09-08-2009, 12:45 PM
I know exactly what you mean, I find it really rude too.

I'm from an office background too and would never dream of ignoring any communication received from anyone.

I just try to ignore it otherwise I get myself really annoyed and my poor hubby has to hear all about it for hours on end! Ha!

Bushpig
09-08-2009, 01:44 PM
It is VERY rude, but people are people I am afraid.

I give max an hours time to a first visit as that's all I'm prepared to give if they don't come back. I do not hand over ANY documentation on this visit, only when they have committed to a vacancy. I then give out welcome packs, the policy file etc.

Whatever you do, don't take it personally... :thumbsup:

Gizmo
09-08-2009, 02:33 PM
I think a lot of people dont realise that we are running a business and think its just that women that watches the kids and it doesnt matter to her if I dont reply :angry:

FussyElmo
09-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I think a lot of people dont realise that we are running a business and think its just that women that watches the kids and it doesnt matter to her if I dont reply :angry:

I believe this too - they just dont think its important. But if we were to go out and have them knocking our door!!!!

helenlc
09-08-2009, 02:55 PM
I know, they dont seem to realise that it takes time for us to supply them with the information. And that it cant possibly take them that long to send an acknowledgement back.:angry:

Nicki L
09-08-2009, 03:06 PM
people can be very rude and unappreciative of our efforts.

dont take it personally hun xxx

aly
09-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I know it won't be th ereason for everyone one but it may be that a reply may go into their spam box???

It is annoying like someone said, you supply them with all this info and nothing...hopefully you will get somethign soon.

ajs
09-08-2009, 03:58 PM
i was going to say somehting along the lines of aly
are you absolutley sure your emails arrive can you get someone to email you from your site then you eemail back to be sure it does arrive

Chimps Childminding
09-08-2009, 04:05 PM
I have seen two parents lately, neither of which bothered to get back to me to let me know one way or the other - if they are too embarrassed to say I am not what they are looking for over the phone they could just e mail me and let me know that way!:angry:

hello kitty
09-08-2009, 06:57 PM
I put at the bottom of my literature "if I do not hear from you within 7 days I shall assume you have made alternative arrangements" that way I can reallocate the space if needed.

I know it does not excuse people not responding to you though. :rolleyes:

mum2two
09-08-2009, 07:07 PM
I hate the ones that make appts to come & see you and don't turn up! :angry: No phone call!

Do they really think we have nothing better to do than sit around waiting for them...!!!

xx

Tatjana
09-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Aw hon, don't let it get to you.

It is very rude of these people, I also used to get upset, now I don't even bother to think about it, it's just not worth it.

Chin up! :)

xx

ORKSIE
09-08-2009, 09:46 PM
It is very rude, fraid this is how it is..Sometimes!
I know what you mean tho. If they dont get back within a reasonable amount of time then i assume they dont need me.
Their Loss in my opinion:)

zillervalley
09-08-2009, 09:55 PM
I agree orksie

ziller

Dreean
09-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Sorry to hear that you've had a run of rude parents. I'm not registered but work in a nursery and it happens there too, unfortunatly!:(

Just had a thought, if you use outlook you can get it to send you a message when your e-mail has reached their inbox and another one to say they have opened it. I know it still doesn't make them reply!! but at least you know they got it and it hasn't gone to their junk mail. Might help, not sure if you get this function with other providers but worth a look!:)

Blackhorse
09-08-2009, 10:09 PM
when I send the emails it goes from my email account not from my webpage..and as it has gone into people's spam folders before (had it happen to me twice..) I followed up with a 2nd email from another account where I have never had an issue with emails getting into spam folders...

I think I will have to taughen up a bit...but it is hard especially if you start up as you are quite desperate for calls..mails..etc..well at least I am at the moment..I guess if I had a couple of mindees it would be easier as well...

just annoys me as I was raised to treat people with respect....and as Carolyn said..if I was to embarrrassed to say I dont want to use this cm..I would at least drop an email....