PDA

View Full Version : ICP Course for assistants, do they have to?

Ben10mad
07-08-2009, 10:14 AM
my development officer came the other day and as i have recently taken on a assistant part time they said she must go on the icp course which if she does that, that then means she becomes a childminder.
Im not sure where i stand must she do it?
because then there is the risk that she will leave and work for her self.

Thanx

rickysmiths
07-08-2009, 02:30 PM
I have never heard of this and my dh has been registered as my assistant for 5yrs now. He has done 1st Aid and Safeguarding training but that is all.

I am going through the process of Registering a new assistant now, he has done his 1st Aid, Safeguarding and came on a business course on Working with Parents because I thought it would be useful if we did it together.

I am in regular contact with my DO and she hasn't mentioned icp. This is for newly registering cms to do.

Chatterbox Childcare
07-08-2009, 02:33 PM
New one on me - Ofsted don't ask for it. I would check again.

Ben10mad
07-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Thank you for your replys, will ask to double check.
Thanx

singlewiththree
08-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Maybe its more to do with whether you are leaving them on their own with the assistant as there is lots of confusion over this lately. Hope it works out.

butterfly
21-08-2009, 01:37 PM
do registered assistants have to do first aid even if they will not be left on their own with children?

rickysmiths
21-08-2009, 01:46 PM
I don't think so but mine have all done it as has my 16yr dd. I can't see the harm in them doing it and it is an advantage to you.