PDA

View Full Version : SET - IMPROVEMENTS BOX

Bex1
06-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Really sillly question but do we have to put what improvement we think we need to do on every box? Basically the part where its about communication with parents etc I dont feel I need to improve because my relationship and communication with parents is excellent and on my parents questionnaire they have all commented that my communication methods, daily dairies, newsletters, how I am prepared to chat to parents about the child's day when they are collected is "outstanding" so I dont think I need to improve!

Mouse
06-08-2009, 12:44 PM
No matter how outstanding you are, there is always room to improve...the trick is just figuring out how!

For questions like that, I considered other circumstances that I didn't deal with at present. For example, I said in order to improve I would need to consider how I would communicate with parents who didn't speak English, who were deaf or who may not be able to read (daily diary & newsletter).

I did put an idea for improvement in every box.

gegele
06-08-2009, 02:09 PM
that's exatly what i was ging to say. say that you might need to translate your policies, diaries in other languages...??

fire evacuation in different language

good luck and well done for what you already do

nannymcflea
07-08-2009, 04:38 PM
In areas where I couldn't think of any improvement to put I put "continue to....." this was fine and OFSTED said she completely agreed there was nowhere to go for me in that area.

So for communication I may have put....continue to provide a high level of communication between parents and myself,making changes where necessary or if an issue arrises.

sorry can't remember exactly what as it's been nearly a year!

hope this helps.