PDA

View Full Version : Reminder for money?

helenlc
05-08-2009, 12:55 PM
So I am supposed to have the 9 yr old brother of my 3 yr old mindee this week. I only have 9 yr old in holidays and mum mentioned a couple of weeke before the holidays that she might not need me as his dad might be helping out.

I sent a letter the next day saying when I was taking my 2 weeks off in the holidays and also put that I would need paying whether he was coming or not. She then gave me a letter of 4 weeks notice to end in the holidays - this Friday 7th August.

Anyway, I turned up to pick them both up on Monday and 9 yr old didnt come to the car with his brother - I said Are you not coming today? and he said No. Anyway, assumed mum had made alternative arrangements for him so left as mum didnt say anything either.

That day at drop off time, I said to mum Is M coming tomorrow? And she said No, he finished last week with you. And I said But I am sure its this week the 7th. She said No the 31st July. I said I would have to check.

Got home and found the letter which does indeed say the 7th (I love being rigth!!). So I photocopied it and handed it to her yesterday. She didnt say anything.

So what do I do now? Issue a polite invoice saying that this weeks money for M is due (she pays me weekly for the week I am working)?

As some of you may be aware, this is the brother of the 3 yr old I have given notice to. So my DH reckons she will get even funnier with me if I ask for Ms money for this week.

But I assumed he was coming this week as notice runs out this Friday so I could have turned down other work(due to space in the car for going out)
- I havent but she doesnt have to know this!:blush:

What do you reckon? I am in her bad books anyway for giving notice and refusing to reconsider, so I figure What the hell - I may as well ask!!

It works out as £180 which I had also budgeted for having coming in this week as I am off for the next 2 weeks and want to take my own 2 kids for days out, pay towards my new patio etc.

Pipsqueak
05-08-2009, 01:07 PM
her mistake, not yours - you had planned (and budgeted) for this money - not your fault she hasn't used the space.
Invoice her

FussyElmo
05-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Invoice her not your fault!!!

helenlc
05-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Thanks - thats what I thought. I shall hand over a reminder later.

I have proved that he was due to come until this Friday with the copy of the letter she wrote to me. I kind of expected her to have sent him as she has got to pay for the space anyway but she hasnt. Her choice.

I was just so relieved that for once my paper work system was good enough and I went straight to her letter!! Normally it would have been lost forever in my filing system (or lack of should I say!!):blush:

Daddy Day Care
05-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Did you hand it over? did mum say anything?

zillervalley
05-08-2009, 05:44 PM
let us know how you get on ,

ziller

helenlc
05-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Yes, I handed it over !!! :clapping: :clapping: I was psyching myself up for it before I did it!

I handed it over and said Just a letter there about M's fees for this week cos obviously they are due. She said "I will try and sort that out".

Then, to break the awkward silence that would have occurred, I said (towards her and the 3 yr old) We are off to the farm tomorrow so no white trousers!!!

And then I left!! :blush:

So we shall see what happens. I think if she can get it, she will pay me,, She didnt seem to quibble the fact that she had to pay me. I obviously gave her the copy of her notice letter which said it was to finish this week so she cannot contest when notice period should finish.

I will keep you posted..................

Chimps Childminding
05-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Well done for sticking to your guns, i am useless at that kind of thing :blush:

miffy
05-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Hopefully you've done the hard bit (handing the letter over) and she will pay up

Wonder if she'll send M for the rest of the week?

Miffy xx

helenlc
05-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Hopefully you've done the hard bit (handing the letter over) and she will pay up

Wonder if she'll send M for the rest of the week?

Miffy xx

Well, I handed over the copy of the notice letter to her yesterday so she must have known I was going to ask for the money. So I expected her to send him today but she didnt.

We shall see.:rolleyes: