PDA

View Full Version : Increasing my numbers

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
05-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Hi guys

I work with my mum who is also a registered cm. We are currently registered for 6 children of which all can be under 5 and 2 can be under 1.

In our last inspection mrs ofsted mentioned we could always apply to have our numbers increased if we want.

I know i have to write them a letter to request this but what info do i need to state etc

any help will be very much appreciated

thanks in advance

nannymcflea
05-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Not sure if you need to have a child already in the pipeline to have a variation?

someone will know the exact details.

Daftbat
05-08-2009, 04:02 PM
You will be able to increase the numbers on your certificate just based on the number of reg cm's. When my husband was registered we could care for 11 children under 8 (our own daughter was under 8 at the time) of which 2 could be under 1 and 6 under five! It will depend on the size of your house too though. Its just the same as our individual registrations.

Ruth Saxelbye
07-08-2009, 06:17 PM
When I wanted to increase my numbers I rang OFSTED and they told me what to put in my letter. This included the age of the children I already cared for and their contracted hours, and my daily routine.
But like Nanny said I think you would need to apply for a specific child because you need to include their age and hours of intended attendance.

margimum
09-08-2009, 10:02 AM
From your post it seems all your places at the moment are for under 5's.
I think if you increase your numbers on your certificate it will be for children 5-7 years.
A child under 5 would need to be a variation for a specific child eg a new baby of an already minded child, or an increase in hours for a mindee.