PDA

View Full Version : tattoo question

Hebs
04-08-2009, 11:02 AM
is it possible to have a tattoo covered with another tattoo??

and, do they look ok? can you tell??

Saranotts
04-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Yes it is possible and can look ok. Only know because someone on the disney forum has had it done and posted pictures of it.

Sara

LittleAcorns
04-08-2009, 12:15 PM
The tattooist that did mine also does go over old tattoos, I dont think they all do, not sure though

Found this info, it looks like theres lots of ways to cover them up .....

Lighter colors don't often work over darker colors. When you do a coverup you're taking the design you have and disguising it beneath another tattoo. Most of the time this takes careful planning and the cover is usually darker in that area and at least twice the size... depending on what you're covering. It's not often that you can just walk into a shop and expect to be able to pick something off the wall that will automatically work. Large, black pieces can be a lot harder to hide than something that's lighter in color with open spaces here and there.

A coverup will sometimes have darker areas where the original tattoo is hidden in shadow while the lighter areas are your point of focus. It draws the eye away from the shadow and into the light. Here's an example of this method. Sometimes a simpler method can be used.

In some cases, color, contrast and detail can help to cover a tattoo. Coverups using black and grey are possible, but rarely work well... it depends on the design beneath and the skill of the artist. I feel that color tends to disguise things better, but in some cases only solid black will do. If the original tattoo is scarred there is less of a successful chance of covering something with solid black. The scar will always be visible through the new tattoo (when light shines on it and the scar tissue reflects it) and can show up no matter what.

Daftbat
04-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Just my opinion so don't shoot me but i don't know why people have tattoos. I have recently been shopping for a wedding dress for my friend and she has one on her shoulder. Its going to be an issue covering it up somehow and i am so glad i didn;t have the same problem

Hebs
04-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Just my opinion so don't shoot me but i don't know why people have tattoos. I have recently been shopping for a wedding dress for my friend and she has one on her shoulder. Its going to be an issue covering it up somehow and i am so glad i didn;t have the same problem

simple solution.............. don't get married :thumbsup: :laughing:

I have a baby devil on my shoulder that i DO like, it also has my kids name with it,
BUT
when i had the names added, the tattoo artist added 2 hearts, cos he thought it looked nice i was livid :angry:

So i'm thinking of having it covered over with a different one that i DO like

LOOPYLISA
04-08-2009, 12:57 PM

Exactly, i would like one, just can't decide on what.................
But it will be hidden -ish........:laughing:

We are getting married abroad on the beach and i will be in a strapless dress, need i say more, my sil has a huge one on her shoulder and when she had her back to us in church it looked awful,

Just my opinion :thumbsup:

Daftbat
04-08-2009, 12:57 PM
simple solution.............. don't get married :thumbsup: :laughing:

I have a baby devil on my shoulder that i DO like, it also has my kids name with it,
BUT
when i had the names added, the tattoo artist added 2 hearts, cos he thought it looked nice i was livid :angry:
So i'm thinking of having it covered over with a different one that i DO like

Goodness!!! I didn't think they would ba allowed to do this! Can't you sue or something. Imagine if they all took it into their heads to "adapt" peoples designs. Afterall we are talking about something which is a) really persoanl and b) permanent:panic:

Hebs
04-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Goodness!!! I didn't think they would ba allowed to do this! Can't you sue or something. Imagine if they all took it into their heads to "adapt" peoples designs. Afterall we are talking about something which is a) really persoanl and b) permanent:panic:

it was almost 10 years ago and back then i was shy but if it happened now i'd have rang the police :angry:

Gizmo
04-08-2009, 08:40 PM
You could get it covered but I think it would need to be darker, could you maybe try laser surgery to lighten it then get a new one might be worth looking into.
A friend of mine has acover up on his arm and its just a black design cos there was colour in his original tattoo

AvrilMJS
05-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Going in to your local tattoists and asking them would be your next step. Some can be covered up some can't depending on the darkness of the tattoo. I have one I require covering, one shop said they could do nothing and another said they could:rolleyes:

CherryBlossom
25-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Hi,

I know this post is quite old but a friend of male friend of mine had a tattoo he hated so he had it covered up with a new design. You couldn't even detect there was one there before. If you go to the right place it is def possible!

x

Hebs
25-08-2009, 11:25 AM
i'm getting a new tattoo today and the guy is going to have a look at the one i want covered and will tell me if it's possible x

Mollymop
25-08-2009, 11:31 AM

I feel like you too. I don't like tatoos, i liked them when they weren't so common on women but most woman have them now so I like to be different by not having one

I like men with tattoos though

LOOPYLISA
25-08-2009, 05:51 PM
I feel like you too. I don't like tatoos, i liked them when they weren't so common on women but most woman have them now so I like to be different by not having one

I like men with tattoos though

I like men with tatoos too :blush: :thumbsup:

Mollymop
25-08-2009, 05:55 PM
I like men with tatoos too :blush: :thumbsup:

I have heard Gordon Bennett has lots...

LOOPYLISA
25-08-2009, 06:14 PM
I have heard Gordon Bennett has lots...

Flippin Nora :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: