PDA

View Full Version : Car journey turned into a Mini beast hunt

nannymcflea
03-08-2009, 07:39 PM
I went to visit my mum this morning, 40 miles away, was happily trundling down the parkway @68 miles an hour when i noticed something on the window next to my arm..a wasp...so I carefully pressed the window button, he/she crawled up and got whipped out by the wind.

About 2 seconds later I noticed something moving in the passenger footwell...a rather large SPIDER (and I'm not exagerating)....well I'm not phobic with the 8 legged critters but the thought of one that size crawling up my leg wasn't appealing. I had to carry on driving and managed to pull over at the next petrol station, trying not to panick!

I opened all the doors but couldn't find the blooming thing...typical...I didn't know whether to carry on or go home and get hubby to debug the car!:laughing:

I did carry on but told kids not to tell my mum as she has a big phobia (thought of you ORKSIE) and probably wouldn't have got into the car.

Going to spray the car tonight and get rid of everything that hubby managed to leave in there after his trip to the dump!

zillervalley
03-08-2009, 07:43 PM
I think you did really well to keep going, hope you get rid of it tonight

ziller

sweets
03-08-2009, 09:04 PM
that reminds me of my friends husband who took a load of stuff out of the garage in his car to the tip and left a mouse in car!!! it lived in their for days till they finally caught it!! they knew it was there as they heard it scurrying around while they were driving and found droppings and bits of chewed seat around.

ORKSIE
03-08-2009, 09:08 PM
I went to visit my mum this morning, 40 miles away, was happily trundling down the parkway @68 miles an hour when i noticed something on the window next to my arm..a wasp...so I carefully pressed the window button, he/she crawled up and got whipped out by the wind.

About 2 seconds later I noticed something moving in the passenger footwell...a rather large SPIDER (and I'm not exagerating)....well I'm not phobic with the 8 legged critters but the thought of one that size crawling up my leg wasn't appealing. I had to carry on driving and managed to pull over at the next petrol station, trying not to panick!

I opened all the doors but couldn't find the blooming thing...typical...I didn't know whether to carry on or go home and get hubby to debug the car!:laughing:

I did carry on but told kids not to tell my mum as she has a big phobia (thought of you ORKSIE) and probably wouldn't have got into the car.

Going to spray the car tonight and get rid of everything that hubby managed to leave in there after his trip to the dump!

I am never getting in your car ever.. ever.. ever.. ever.. Again until its found and you have its head on a stick:eek:

LOOPYLISA
03-08-2009, 09:13 PM
I am never getting in your car ever.. ever.. ever.. ever.. Again until its found and you have its head on a stick:eek:

Me neither :panic: , i would of got the bus home :laughing:

S*d the car :panic:

ORKSIE
03-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Me neither :panic: , i would of got the bus home :laughing:

S*d the car :panic:

She hasnt found it:eek: So I will be taking the bus or Taxi:eek:

Andrea08
03-08-2009, 09:20 PM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: ohhh sorry but thats soooo funny ,,

sorry i think you did well hun :D

nannymcflea
03-08-2009, 09:23 PM
She hasnt found it:eek: So I will be taking the bus or Taxi:eek:

Going to the museum tomorrow..want to come in MY car?:laughing:

Am off to get the bug spray and do the car before bed, it's head will be on a stick as you requested!

ORKSIE
03-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Going to the museum tomorrow..want to come in MY car?:laughing:

Am off to get the bug spray and do the car before bed, it's head will be on a stick as you requested!

Think I will take mine, If its all the same to you:eek: Wanna see the corpse on a big stick:eek: We can take my car if you like i have loads of Vroom LOL and no 8 legged friends:D

nannymcflea
03-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Think I will take mine, If its all the same to you:eek: Wanna see the corpse on a big stick:eek: We can take my car if you like i have loads of Vroom LOL and no 8 legged friends:D

I got 3 tomorrow, might walk there if it not piddling down.It's all about dinosaurs...you haven't got Ihs so that'll be ok.

ORKSIE
03-08-2009, 10:44 PM
I got 3 tomorrow, might walk there if it not piddling down.It's all about dinosaurs...you haven't got Ihs so that'll be ok.

Walking is good!!:D