PDA

View Full Version : had my first call! :)

mammumof4
03-08-2009, 03:22 PM
HI all! i havent been on here for a while, school holidays, new puppy ect ect!
quick recap! i had my pre reg ofsted visit on 5 june, still waiting for certificate to arrive but am hoping it wont be long!!!

i just had my first enjuiry!! mum is coming on wed afterternoon with her 2 girls aged 6 and 4, who will need after school care starting in september (if my certificate comes in time!!!!)

what do i do, say? im having a mad panic. need to calm down i think!!

we have just got a 9 week old pup, little chocolate labrador, very cute but can be a bit much at times, ive told mum and she is fine as granny has a labrador so it should be ok

i hope i get this job, 2 little girls would be a great easy start. my daughter aged 12 has it all planned, the barbies are coming out, the colouring stuff, making fairys! bless her, what else could i get out for them, i also have to enertain my own boys aged 6 and 3 (3 yr old could be out tho)

what questions do i ask mum? i have my info pack to give her and all my policies ect.

ORKSIE
03-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Firstly congratulations, secondly calm down.
Just be yourself.
I usually ask what interests the children have.
What they like to eat.
Do they have a special diet due to Allergy or religion.
Are they allergic to any medication.

I also ask parents to ask me questions because that sometimes brings up questions I may have forgotten about IYSWIM.
HTH

It's a small world
03-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Hope all goes well. Let us know how it goes...I hope I get my first enquiry soon....

Good luck I'm sure you will be fine...

Tatjana
03-08-2009, 08:04 PM
What fab news, best of luck!

xx

misst104
03-08-2009, 08:06 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Hope it all works out!

xxx :)

mumof1
03-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Just try and stay calm and be yourself, goodluck

o and we have a chocolate lab aswell, she is 5 months old and into everything lol

miffy
03-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Good luck - I'm sure you'll be fine though

Miffy xx

mammumof4
04-08-2009, 07:19 AM
Just try and stay calm and be yourself, goodluck

o and we have a chocolate lab aswell, she is 5 months old and into everything lol

Is that he in the pic? so cute! :) ours is into everything aswell, everytimes something goes missing we look in the dogs bed :laughing:

thanks for your kind words guys, i think im sorted now, ive got an info pack ready for mum and a file with stuff about me in, certificatates ect. ive put together a small "about me" folder each for the girls with some pretty paper and stickers to give them if i feel mum will return for second visit!

my only worry is that i dont have many girly toys! my daughter is 12 now and my youngests are boys, i picked a few dolls up, a box of barbies and i have lots of craft things so hopefully it will be ok :o

deeb66
04-08-2009, 08:01 AM
Fab news :thumbsup:

In order to build up your collection of girls toys why not pop to your local car boot sales and see if they have any bargains there......might save you a fortune :thumbsup:

Dee

mumof1
04-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Is that he in the pic? so cute! :) ours is into everything aswell, everytimes something goes missing we look in the dogs bed :laughing:

thanks for your kind words guys, i think im sorted now, ive got an info pack ready for mum and a file with stuff about me in, certificatates ect. ive put together a small "about me" folder each for the girls with some pretty paper and stickers to give them if i feel mum will return for second visit!

my only worry is that i dont have many girly toys! my daughter is 12 now and my youngests are boys, i picked a few dolls up, a box of barbies and i have lots of craft things so hopefully it will be ok :o

Yeah thats her in the picture, she was about 3 months in that photo and she is 5 months now, shes a real wee character lol.

Glad you got sorted, i wouldnt worry to much abt the toys, if you have a couple of things out then that would be enough im sure. Im going to have to get some boys toys, cos all i have is my dd toys and a few baby toys:idea:

mammumof4
07-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Yeah thats her in the picture, she was about 3 months in that photo and she is 5 months now, shes a real wee character lol.

Glad you got sorted, i wouldnt worry to much abt the toys, if you have a couple of things out then that would be enough im sure. Im going to have to get some boys toys, cos all i have is my dd toys and a few baby toys:idea:

ha! pitty we dont live closer we could have toy swap days! :laughing:
im going to my local car boot this sunday to have a look around, need some girly things...........because i got the job!!!:D contracts signed. they both start in the new term, 2 hours after school, 2 days a week.not alot i know but its a start hey! :clapping:

angeldelight
12-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Good luck with the new parent

Angel xx

mama2three
13-08-2009, 10:10 AM
well done - ive got my first call too and the mum is coming to visit next monday , im so not organised .. havent even decided on rates yet! really need to get some paperwork together , loved the 'about me' idea but the lo is only 13 months! so itll be mum filling it in! As for toys , definately join your local toy library , infact you could go with the girls after school and let them choose ..ours is only about £12 a year to join and you can borrow 6 lots of toys a month for that. great for the multicultural stuff too that you need round .