PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted Inspection - glass

daytimedolly
02-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Hi

Can anybody tell me if I need to buy some safety plastic sheeting to go over any panes of glass I have in my home eg. television cabinet, back doors etc. in readyness for my inspection

Ive covered all the other things such as corners of coffee tables, cleaning products, plants etc. Any other tips you could give on the sort of things they look out for that I wouldnt think of would be great

Thanks

FizzysFriends
02-08-2009, 06:57 PM
It depends, I think if it has the safety stamp on it then you are fine. Also if its about waist height its fine. Otherwise film from ebay is cheap.

LisaMcNally09
02-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Hiya!!!

I had my inspection last week and the insector didnt mention my glass on tv cabinet... not sure if there all like that though! :rolleyes:

She said its all about supervision and teaching children what they can and cant touch when it comes to things in your room (like ornaments etc..)

hth

Lisa

Chatterbox Childcare
02-08-2009, 07:58 PM
It is standard for cabinets to have their glass safety glass. I think this came in about 15 years ago so it all depends on how old your furniture is

Lainey Lou
09-08-2009, 07:59 AM
Hi there, I wouldn't worry too much at this stage about making sure that all glass is covered, I have quite alot of glass (glass coffee tables/glass dining table /cabinets with glass fronts etc) and the only thing she wanted me to cover was the patio doors (eek) as they didn't have a safety mark on them. As someone else has just mentioned if the glass is above waist height they don't worry too much. If you have any steps (I have three quite steep front steps to my front door) they might want you to install railings. Grid covers is another. Security outside, if you have a side gate make sure it has a padlock so kids can't get to the front. Lock on shed. First aid kit. You will find that you might be fretting about things and the inspector will not even mention them. Mine was really lovely and said not to forget that it is my home. On my inspection, if there was anything I wasn't too sure of (such as the steps) I just asked her her opinion, as long as you have all the recommendations sorted by your next visit you will be fine. Good luck! xx