PDA

View Full Version : dhc training

carolyn01
02-08-2009, 05:19 PM
hi, ive been childminding for 10 years (no probs) and now have had to adapt to EFYS and all paperwork etc. Now we have to do either DHC courses or NVQ by 2015 because if we don't we will be left behind and government want us to.

I've just heard that DHC may now be scrapped, so do I begin DHC (which will take approx 2 years to complete) or not???

Just want to carry on childminding like I used to, be left alone to work for myself without OFSTED and everyone else checking everything all the time. Anyone else feel like this?

Bumble Bees
05-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Where did you hear that the DHC was going to be scrapped?? Its not been very long since the DHC was developed to replace the original 3 units of developing childminding practice and extending childminding practice to become 5 units which are related to the EYFS. :)

carolyn01
05-08-2009, 08:43 PM
I spoke to a guy at NCMA training and asked as I'd heard this from someone (can't remember who), and he said Ofsted may scrap it but nothing confirmed.

Bumble Bees
07-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Just to let u no, i spoke 2 my tutor and the DHC will be scrapped in Sept 2010. it will still b valid then but over time all level 3's eventually get replaced and eventually invalid. nice thought ay
:)

kellym3
07-08-2009, 03:16 PM
oh so i take it its not worth doing i was thinking of doing it soon we have one starting in march 2010 but it to far 4 me to travel:angry:

carolyn01
15-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Im down for dhc unit 4 in September 2009 so is there any point me even starting it?
:panic:

mummyroysof3
15-08-2009, 02:21 PM
well im not going to get 4 units done before then so is it worth it? what shall i do instead?

charlotte

sarah707
15-08-2009, 03:48 PM
The talk is that everything now available will be replaced with ONE qualification - a standardised level 3 which will be offered by all counties and training establishments through the country.

That way everyone doing training will be learning the same thing and qualified to the exact same level when they are finished.

However, it's not written yet, it's still in the process and I do not know whether it will replace DHC as well because that is a slightly different course.

I would say though that the DHC is quite limiting - absolutely no offence to anyone slogging away at it right now!! The reason I say that is because it is not easily transferable to working in anything other than childminding - which is absolutely fine if you want to continue as a childminder.

if on the other hand you want to think about working in other settings in a few years time, I would suggest it might be worth taking further advice from your local training people and maybe waiting for the new NVQ 3.

I hope this helps :D

kellym3
24-08-2009, 12:23 PM
hopfully have children by the time that comes in to be able to do it