PDA

View Full Version : payments from college ?!

Annie_T
01-08-2009, 07:23 PM
i have had a enquiry today :)
she is due to start college in sept (will find out monday fingers crossed) she said it will be the college who pay me (i have heard of it before)

just wondering how it works? .. will i have to fill out forms or is it left to the mother ? im guessing it be paid into my bank account. and prob be monthly pay not weekly 9not fussed either way long i am paid if i take her son on/she wants me)

any advice, help welcome

thankyou x

Annie_T
01-08-2009, 07:25 PM
oh other thing .. how do i go about doing a retainer (or what ever they called) ? or will i not be able to

hope all make sense

deeb66
01-08-2009, 07:27 PM
I have never been paid like this before myself but from what I understand you have to supply an invoice each month and submit it.

In most cases you are paid in arrears and usually by a cheque that is sent to you.......so how fast you get paid depends upon the college and their finance department.

I may be totally wronf with this information so if anyone knows any different then please feel free to contradict me :)

Dee

jeanybeany
01-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi

I have been paid like this before, I had to invoice the college monthly for payment , which I stated had to be in advance. It was fine, they sent me a cheque every month, had no problems! Make sure you get payments in advance incase the parent drops out, as the college wouldn't pay if this happened even if parent used the childcare!

Hope this helps

Jeanybeany :D

Kelly
01-08-2009, 07:37 PM
I have done this twice in the past, I invoiced in advance and they always paid around the end of the month by cheque, but if I was you I would check with the college when they are going to pay. I once had a lady who was taking an English course and they wanted to pay on completion of the course, the lady ended up paying me weekly and when I received the chq at the end of the course I paid it into my account and then refunded the lady her money (does that make sense?)

I had to fill in quite alot of paperwork for the college and give them a copy of the contract

Annie_T
01-08-2009, 08:29 PM
thankyou everyone x

oldtimer
04-08-2009, 10:02 PM
This payment by a third party is a strange affair....

your contract is with the parent(s)....not with the college....

it is up to the parent(s) to make sure that the contract that they signed is adhered to...

if you have agreed to payment in advance with the parent(s), then it is up to them to make sure that you are paid a month in advance......and it should not be your problem to chase the college for prompt payment....

helenlc
05-08-2009, 01:46 PM
My friend minded for someone whose child care was paid by Care to Learn.

From what I can remember, she worked out what it would be a month and they paid her monthly. I dont think she did an invoice each month but I could be wrong.

They also paid her (full rate) each holiday except the summer holidays.

HTH

Blackhorse
05-08-2009, 02:25 PM
I am in a similar position..the mum of the lo that is starting with me on the 31 of august is going to college
all I know so far is that I will be paid monthly direct into my bank account.
but dont know as yet when the first payment will be or if I need to invoice them monthly or what...hope to be able to find this out soon..but I think this can be different depening on the college...
good luck with it!

nemo97
05-08-2009, 02:37 PM
I have a student starting with me in september. I shall be paid monthly on the 'care to learn' scheme.
I had to fill in some forms about a month ago stating how much I would be charging term time and during the holidays. I received a letter last week showing the payments I will receiving each month.
If your student is on the care to learn send me a pm and i'll give you more info if you need it. :)

Annie_T
08-08-2009, 02:43 PM
not sure what she doing all she said was the college paying for the care costs, she forgot form so going send me forms to fill out then i send back.