PDA

View Full Version : where to go outdoors for free

mumof1
31-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Im trying to think of places to go to for free, this week we have done the park and library. But would love to know of other ideas and wat other people do to fill in there week?

Twinkles
31-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Well this week we've been to;

Park
Lakes
Woods
Ashdown forest

There's also;

Seaside
Very long walks
And visiting friends

Todays was a spendalot day ( don't mind one a week in the hols ) cinema and McDonalds.

We have a couple of adventure play parks near us where we pay £1 a day per child and we can be there all day and the staff do craft activities with them ( included in the price ).

mumof1
31-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Well this week we've been to;

Park
Lakes
Woods
Ashdown forest

There's also;

Seaside
Very long walks
And visiting friends

Todays was a spendalot day ( don't mind one a week in the hols ) cinema and McDonalds.

We have a couple of adventure play parks near us where we pay £1 a day per child and we can be there all day and the staff do craft activities with them ( included in the price ).

That all sounds gr8, you must have a very busy week! I love being busy cos the days fly in, but really need to do more outdoor activities,

thanx for the ideas:)

Chell
31-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Do you have a pet shop near by? My children are nearly a year, 4yrs and 6yrs. They all love going to the pet shop.

Do you have any free museums?

Feeding the ducks somewhere, my son likes throwng stones to skim the water. Is there a river toplay Pooh sticks?

Parks (of course, lol).

Fly a kite, play football, frizzbee, etc.

Is your local council running anything? We have a fake beach in our town centre next week, Punch and Judy shows, mini golf, etc. There is a scheme called Play Rangers here - playworkers are in open spaces on each estate once or twice a week who do sporting activities with children. On Wednesday is is National Play Day or something, there is a fun day with inflatables in one of our local parks.

tulip0803
31-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Do you have a pet shop near by? My children are nearly a year, 4yrs and 6yrs. They all love going to the pet shop.

Before I moved we used to go to Pets at home. That particular store was great. If it was quiet the staff would let the children stroke the animals and tell them about them:D .

Unfortunately I quite often came home with a new pet:rolleyes: - nothing to do with the children it was all me:panic:

miffy
31-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Our local council organises play days completely free - lots of craft activities, music, circus skills things like that.

Worth checking if yours does anything similar

Miffy xx

mumof1
31-07-2009, 08:44 PM

Do you have any free museums?

Feeding the ducks somewhere, my son likes throwng stones to skim the water. Is there a river toplay Pooh sticks?

Parks (of course, lol).

Fly a kite, play football, frizzbee, etc.

Is your local council running anything? We have a fake beach in our town centre next week, Punch and Judy shows, mini golf, etc. There is a scheme called Play Rangers here - playworkers are in open spaces on each estate once or twice a week who do sporting activities with children. On Wednesday is is National Play Day or something, there is a fun day with inflatables in one of our local parks.

pet shop, never thought of that. Gr8 goin to bring them on monday :thumbsup:

sweets
31-07-2009, 08:46 PM
mine like big garden centres, they often have pets and some have play areas too.