PDA

View Full Version : question for those who use webs.com

Tired
31-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Hi, i have taken loads of advice from here about building a website, thanks

Next question, if you don't mind is about the adverts. I know you can pay more to get rid of them, but if they are there, can you control the content?

I seem to have lots of adverts for violent computer games, and i dont think its really am image i want to promote!

It's a small world
31-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Hi, i have taken loads of advice from here about building a website, thanks

Next question, if you don't mind is about the adverts. I know you can pay more to get rid of them, but if they are there, can you control the content?

I seem to have lots of adverts for violent computer games, and i dont think its really am image i want to promote!

Hi

I'm not great with these things but I have a website done through this website and I have yet to see any bad adverts. Daft quetsion but have you specified 'childminder' for the section you are under? Also been awhile since I did mine but I think I removed some thing from the right hand side to do with adverts !!!! sorry a bit vague . Have you tried the support freewebs section on the website ?? I think thats how I found how to remove mine without paying.

Sorry to be vague but sure I got rid of something and only have 'decent' adverts. Please feel free to look at my website (hope you don't find any indecent adverts now !!!!!!)

www.kerrieschildminding.webs.com

jemima
31-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Hiya I have just paid £9.35 for the year to get rid of the ads completely and its much better now. I was fed up of the violent computer games as well! My site is http://www.freewebs.com/emmawilsonchildminding :)

Princess Sara
31-07-2009, 06:34 PM
If you can change the html code behind your website then you can technically get rid of it without paying, however Webs.com would probably delete your site if they noticed as that's one of their ways to make money.