PDA

View Full Version : not sure how to charge

Blackhorse
31-07-2009, 02:23 PM
ok the boy that will hopefully start with me in september..(will know next tuesday)
will be with me tuesdays and fridays for 15 weeks
and also occasionally on thursdays (this has to do with the college mum goes to for the 15 weeks)

so now I am thinking I will charge her 3 days per week for the 15 weeks.
even though some weeks she will only need me 2 days..but I cannot fill odd thursdays with another child...
the times he would be with me are from 9ish to 3 ish..(dont know exactly yet but roughty)
so I would chagrge for a full day...
does that sound ok to you??

ps the college pays the fees so mum will be ok with it anyways..I guess

Ripeberry
31-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Or maybe just charge for the 2days and have a retainer for the 3rd day as you cannot fill it.
Do they pay you upfront or after she has completed each month's course?
If its in arrears they will know exactly how many days she used but then you could say the retainer was because you were still needed and could not fill the space.
I'd be tempted as well to charge for the full 3days! :D

FussyElmo
31-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Will the college pay for three days if he isn't with you. I know when I did this the college would only pay for the days mum was there.

If not you could increase your hourly rate to cover the day/

Blackhorse
31-07-2009, 04:09 PM
good points..
I was wondering if I could get away with having a flat rate per week..same amount every week for the duration of the course...not taking individual days into account...

Alibali
31-07-2009, 05:22 PM
I'd charge 3 days for the weeks you have lo 3 days and 2 1/2 days for the 2 day week, 50% retainer. However work it out over the 15 weeks and charge the same each week iyswim and the college shouldn't have a problem with it:)

Fingers crossed for tuesday.

Blackhorse
31-07-2009, 05:34 PM
thanks alibali..

I think that is probably the best idea..
just dont want to loose out on thursdays...