PDA

View Full Version : Cheque as payment

aly
30-07-2009, 05:21 PM
some of you have read my other thread about me and complaint etc.

Well the friend I 'm minding for has been given me cheques for the last few weeks now but it means I am not getting paid on time.

I have her little one tues & thurs. She used to pay me on the thursday for that week so not in advance but arrears. But now she has started giving me cheques on the thursday so now they are not clearing until the week later and sometimes I can't even manage to get into bank until next week anyway so could take another week in clearing. :panic:

So I am wondering if anyone has a letter about telling parents about not taking cheques for future??

thanks

Chatterbox Childcare
30-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Have you sat down and explained to the mum that this isn't working for you and she could put the money straight into your account if she wants or cash but as she is paying in arrears you can no longer accept cheques

Letters and notes are very official but not personal which I think cause barriers.

aly
30-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Have you sat down and explained to the mum that this isn't working for you and she could put the money straight into your account if she wants or cash but as she is paying in arrears you can no longer accept cheques

Letters and notes are very official but not personal which I think cause barriers.
hmmm yeah you are right. es;ecially after whats gone on...I will chat to her on tuesday now...I know I'll blooming forget til thursday comes.

thanks again

x

sarah707
30-07-2009, 05:44 PM
would it be best to let the dust settle first?? :D

The Juggler
30-07-2009, 05:50 PM
when I had cheques before, I used to say cheque payments needed to be given to me in time for them to clear by the date payment was actually due.

~Chelle~
30-07-2009, 05:55 PM
I accepted a cheque just once and it bounced like tigger!!

Never again!

I would speak to her personally though and say that payment should either be made directly into your account or via cash as you are unable to get the bank regularly and it isnt working for you.

aly
30-07-2009, 06:50 PM
would it be best to let the dust settle first?? :D
:D:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Deb
03-08-2009, 07:34 PM
what is it with letters? lol I dont think I have ever sent a letter to a parent. just speak to her, ask her if you could have the cheque on the tuesday instead?