PDA

View Full Version : Mindees sleeping

Dreean
28-07-2009, 09:22 PM
With sleeping and rest times my home is kinda open plan. So I was thinking of either using a pushchair/pram for naps and using the front room for an afternoon sleep and taking any ones who are awake into the back room/garden with a monitor if it's the garden. Is that okay?

Also are sleep mats on the floor okay? with their own bedlinen? Or are travel cots needed? for toddlers I mean(1-3 yr olds). The only other option I have is to use my little ones own room but again I am not sure how that will work plus it is her room the other children will be invading her space as it is.

sophiestars
28-07-2009, 09:27 PM
It sounds like you have a similar set up to me. I can normally get away with putting lo's to sleep in a pushchair in the hall in term time as my 2 year old naps in his room and my older son is at school. Since the hols have started i have put the pushchair in my living room where I can shut the door and kept my older son and anyone who's not sleeping in my kitchen/diner at the back of the house which also leads to the garden. Has worked well so far.
I don't think you HAVE to have travel cots - you can have a mat on the floor with their own bedding as long as everything is safe and you check on them in person regularly.

Dreean
29-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Ahh thank you, I figured it should be okay but it's nice to get the reasurance!:)