PDA

View Full Version : school pick ups?

charliegee
25-07-2009, 11:58 PM
hey all

hope you're having good weekends

I've got one child who's a baby so I've never had to deal with schools etc for pick ups / drop offs

does anyone know how you go about permissions from schools to arrange pick ups as a childminder? I'm presuming you need a permission form - is this something which the parent would provide?

as it's holidays not sure how this would work for signing (hopefully!) a parent for september start before / after school!

xxx

sonia ann
26-07-2009, 05:50 AM
I just get the parent to inform the school in writing that I will be taking/picking up from school and then go and introduce myself to the teacher so they know who I am. I have been collecting from my school for 20yrs now, so most of the teachers know who I am anyway but it is a good way to open up communication as well:)

If you are starting in September then get the parents to ring the school on the first morning and give you a letter confiming that you will take /collect the child to school, and give it to the teacher the first am.:)

miffy
26-07-2009, 08:17 AM
I do the same.

Make sure you agree with parents what will happen if the child is taken ill at school - will the school contact parents or you to collect?

Miffy xx

sonia ann
26-07-2009, 08:42 AM
I do the same.

Make sure you agree with parents what will happen if the child is taken ill at school - will the school contact parents or you to collect?

Miffy xx

in my case the school always rings the parents first, then the parents can ring me to see if I am able to collect....most times I can :) and am willing to do so as I am very close to the school but I always tell them not to take it for granted that I can:)

Chatterbox Childcare
26-07-2009, 08:49 AM
I ask the parent to supply my details to the school and I introduce myself to the teachers as I drop off and explain who I am.

I also check with Reception to make sure that they have my correct telephone number.

No permission letters required